Florida-South Florida
Options

How to say Rehearsal Dinner not free?

Unfortunately, my in laws won't be paying for the rehearsal dinner therefore our bridal party will have to pay for their own plate. How would I address this in the rehearsal invitation?

Re: How to say Rehearsal Dinner not free?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont think you should have a RD then. If your in laws wont pay, maybe you and FI can do something small. You really cant send out invites to something you are not hosting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well we have to send invitations for the rehearsal at the church.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to have to agree with Vicki :\ DH's parents couldn't pay for ANYTHING, so we paid for the rehearsal dinner ourselves. If you can't afford something bigger, try a smaller, less formal dinner maybe?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sent an evite to the rehearsal. If you just mention the rehearsal and no dinner, it will be fine. But I am pretty sure your friends would be happy with pizza, beer, etc at someones house. It def doesnt have to be fancy. The best parties I've been to are never fancy.
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with pp. If you must send out a rehearsal for the church, just send it in an email to your bridal party and skip the RD.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    photonbugphotonbug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with pp.  You can just send an invite for the church but I don't think it is appropriate to tell people to pay for the dinner.  I rank that up there with having to pay a cover fee for a shower.  Would they be willing to host it at there house like a bbq? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ^^what she said... lol. Totally agreeing with you Vicki!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree. No can do, girl. I'm dying to have one myself and not expecting my parents or in-laws myself but most likely, it won't be within our budget... so if it's not, we can't do it. I might come off as rude if you let them know they have to pay. They already took time from their weekend and day to come and rehearse with us and spend the next days at our weddings
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm just going to send rehearsal invite & once we're at church tell them we're going to dinner that they're more than welcome to join us (a friend of mine did that & it worked out fine)
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i totally agree with PP...Good luck ;)
  • Options
    tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand where you're coming from. How big is your BP? I think it's the least you can do for all the expenses they've incurred. I know I would be a little upset. I mean all the money for the wedding and honeymoon that has been spent and a simple meal can't be shared? Like Vickii said order pizza. Dominoes has 3 large pizza 1 topping pizzas for $7 ea and any additional pie. GL! I understand how tight things can be. My parents nor the in laws paid for anything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Imagine we have 11 girls - 11 guys - plus their significant others- our parents & grandparents. It'll be around 60 people. That's a lot !! :-/
  • Options
    moh813moh813 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YOu have more people than I had and I thought I had alot. Luckly my inlaws paid for it. But I do think u should atleast have them go to a house and just do a toast and put chips and dips and just hang out. I went to a rehersal like that and we had so much fun playing games and it was just chips dips and a toast.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks MOH813 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards