Florida-South Florida
Options

Douglas entrance brides Question #2 colors

Hey ladies!can you suggest colors?  Ubi sent me some uplighting sample pictures via e-mail and the amber looks the best.  It makes me inclined to use browns, whites, golds.  Yet, I'm getting married in April so I want something fun like hot pink.  With those colors, oranges look best.  Yet, If I do amber uplighting, browns, and oranges, it will feel like a November wedding. This is SAD!  I've been engaged since March and don't have my colors yet.  I need 911 emergency help.  I'm meeting on Wed with my DOC to go look at linens to see if I get inspired with colors, but I can't help that I think DE looks amazing in Amber. 

Re: Douglas entrance brides Question #2 colors

• Options
    EliNickEliNick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that the Douglas looks amazing with Amber since browns and golds are very popular with the venue.  However, I feel that because the ceiling has an awesome sky blue color and the walls are essentially neutral, you can get away with almost any color!  I am actually using a mix of lavender and blue lighting. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I know the room is very much for browns and golds but I'm doing all purple lighting and hoping with the low lights and purple hues it washes out the gold/brown. I'm doing all silver/gray/plum with white flowers so the uplighting for sure will be purple! :) HTH!!
  • Options
    amarthapharmamarthapharm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lucky for me my wedding will be in November and I picked sage green/brown as my wedding color. I will have amber uplighting as well but don't know how many lights to use. My wedding planner thinks that 12 would be enough to make the room look amber. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    Mari0221Mari0221 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the amber lights and it was spectacular! I got soo many compliments! My colors were orange/ivory/tan...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    amarthapharm:1. Are you a pharmacist?2.  I got 20 lights-I'm not sure how many I should have gotten.  I'm considering maybe getting 4 or 5 and uplighting the building outside if it is too many for the room.  What do you guys think?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards