Florida-South Florida
Options

Cocktail Hour Muscians

Can anyone recommend a company and tell me how expensive this would be?  We hadn't built this into our budget.  Also, can you hire them for just an hour or do they have a minimum?TIA!Tyler

Re: Cocktail Hour Muscians

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly? Don't, doll. Everybody's going to be munching on fancy snacks and talking about the ceremony. What I am going to do is have my parents mingle with the guests while I take pictures all the around my venue. It's the hosts' moment, you know? And we do want music - so we're plugging in an ipod. Saves money!Of course if you feel that you must, a guitarist is always a nice touch, and you can hire a guitar teacher from a local music academy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having a sax and piano player for ceremony and just the sax player for cocktail hour :)we are hiring through Master Musicians - they've been great so far, HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really want a string ensemble, but my budget conscious option is www.cellomoore.com. I saw him recently and he plays the electric cello (sounds like a regular cello) to backtrack music. He comes with Bose sound equipment that really carries. He is very good and I even bought a CD. He is $300 for 1/2 hour before ceremony, for the ceremony & the cocktail hour.
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i've heard great things about bob folse :)
  • Options
    mhfigueredomhfigueredo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a trio play traditional Cuban music--Buena Vista Social Club-style.  I'm into that kinda stuff...:o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We hired a guitar duo for the ceremony and the cocktail hour. If you hire a soloist its even cheaper... Check out Tropicsentertainment.com to hear samples or Marischen Music for samples and contact them for prices!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mike sipes entertainment - he had a lot of great options.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    shetmoshetmo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a cellist and have been playing in orchestras since the age of 8! If you, or anyone is interested in having some cello music during their coctail hour, I charge $200 for an hour. If you are interested, feel free to contact me and I'd love to get together so you can you hear me play and pick out some pieces.  shetmo@yahoo.com Thanks:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards