Honeymoon Discussions

Bahamas in November

Anybody been?  Is this a good time for there?  and if you have been where did you stay?   Thanks for any help!

Re: Bahamas in November

• edited February 2012
    i was in the bahamas last december 1-6 for a destination wedding for a friend.  to be frank, it was MUCH colder and windier than i had imagined it would be.  we were freezing trying to lay out.  there was an entire day that it stormed. 

it was so windy that we couldn't really spend time on the beach due to the stinging of the sand blowing around.

we had a great time, and the weather wasn't necessarily trip ruining...it just wasn't what we were expecting.  i would say that most of the time we were tgere, it was in the high sixties to low seventies, and the main problem was the wind making it seem cooler than the temperature really was.   

we stayed at the atlantis. it was a lot of fun, but very vegas-like and not where i would want to spend my honeymoon.  i would recommend doing a day trip over to the atlantis so you can see the aquariums and play in the waterpark.  i have never been to sandals, but lots of knotties will recommend that to you, and the grand bahamian is on a gorgeous area of nassau. 

i previously stayed at a smaller hotel closer to downtown nassau by the straw market, and had a lot of fun there - but some people who were with us were robbed at knife point right outside of our hotel (yikes) and i think you might be safer in a bigger and more secure resort (such as sandals).

if you have any specific questions, feel free to message me, i am happy to help!
  • We have a time share at the Atlantis and go the first week of November every year.  The weather is always wonderful.  It is not in the rainy season so that is great.  It is hot enough to enjoy with water without melting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with butterfly. We were just there the second week of November and we were pretty dispapointed with the weather. It was very windy. We tried to lay out in beach chairs on the beach but it was just too windy. It was blowing all on us and in our drinks. It wasn't very hot, when there was no wind it was ok but when the wind blew it was a little chilly. It was the same for when the sun went in; chilly and I was wrapped in a towel.

WE stayed at Sandals Grand Bahamanian. It was ok. Some things needed some renovating. But that was the only Sandals we have been to so we don't have any other Sandals to compare it to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards