Florida-South Florida
Options

My Dress buying experience(long)

Even though I haven't bought it yet I will Friday...I went to davids bridal and alfred angelo in coral gables...Davids Bridal was first we had an appointment and got there on time and the experience was GREAT! I LOVED the first dress I put on but I had also seen it online and new I liked it online but just needed to try it on and its perfect all my sister said was "amazing" and had her jaw open and thats all I need to hear/see :). Anyway I tried on more just to be sure and the lady that helped us was Great she was helping me in and out of dresses never had me waiting for any and when someone else came she told them she would help them but that I had an appointment so I was her priority and I loved that. Then it was on to my BM dreses and we ended up with one she thought would fit my sisters body type and it was perfect and I think the rest of my BM would look great in it too. Then I headed to Alfreds I knew the dresses there were pricier but I loved them online. well I hated all of them on me! and the lady helping us left me in the dressing room by myself and would disapear and I had to get my mom and sister to help me get the gowns out of the bags and I was a little annoyed by that because at davids she had it all ready and out of the bag and even helped me in it and all the dresses were like a thousand more than davids bridal and they all fit horribly on me. Oh and mind you we were the only ones in the store and still I was waiting around alot. So at the end I love my dress from davids bridal can't wait to go order it on Friday! style # V9364Thanks for reading! Now off to meet with the Priest!
BFP#1: 4.20.10 M/C 4.30.10 @ 4w5d BFP#2: 7.22.10 EDD: 4.3.11~Evan Daniel born 3.29.11 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My Dress buying experience(long)

• Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm happy you found your dress! Good luck with the priest! I do want to say though that I had the exact opposite experience, Alfred Angelo was great and David's Bridal not so much. I really think it completely depends on who you get to help you. I think I need to try David's Bridal again with a different consulant! I just looked up the dress and I love it!
  • Options
    nikki14317nikki14317 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!I thought I was going to have the opposite experience that I did but I must say I was very Happy with davids bridal.
    BFP#1: 4.20.10 M/C 4.30.10 @ 4w5d BFP#2: 7.22.10 EDD: 4.3.11~Evan Daniel born 3.29.11 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David's Bridal treated very well. Alfreds they treated me ok...But I found my dress at Bellissima Bridal on the mile as well. Congrats on finding ur dress.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for finding a dress and having a good experience!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's funny, I've only heard horror stories from David's Bridal. You're one lucky bride, then! Congrats on finding your dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for finding her and having a great experience! Which one did you choose?
  • Options
    rrive008rrive008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats on having such a good experience and of course of finding you dress!
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww! glad you enjoyed your dress shopping experience and congrats on finding your dress!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats on finding THE dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats!!!! beautiful!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    clovonneptclovonnept member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't go to David's but i went to AA in Sunrise and though I found my dress, it was a bad experience. The woman helping me was constantly off trying to make other sales, despite the fact that I had made an appointment. At the end, I decided I wanted a certain color sash to go with the dress and decided on a particular color. My BMs and mom loved it, and we said this is the dress, let's buy it!We get to the front, and the woman up there proceeds to tell me that the color I chose was not available for that dress. Despite the signs ALL OVER the store saying "Our dresses available in 32 colors."  So I'm figuring out whether I want to keep the sash in ivory when the woman says that they can contact the supplier and see if they could do a special order, and that they've done it before. But of course they can't do that without me purchasing the dress first. So I do (which then takes 45 min bc the woman rang me up 3 times and the bank put a hold on my card...). I was promised a follow up call, never got it. Called the next week, was told the managers were in meetings. FINALLY called back and threatened to cancel my order and got the owner on the line. When I told her what happened, she said that there was literally no way the supplier was going to do the custom color bc it was an issue about the material. So I told her that her saleslady completely lied to me and though she apologized and promised to bring this up to her, she sounded rather ambivalent. It was too late to cancel my dress and buy it elsewhere -- I really loved it but didn't want to give them my business. Sorry for the long rant, but yeah, not at all satisfied with my experience there. My dress came in last wk but I can't get it until Dec. since I live in Boston. I do not plan on using their alterations dept and getting the run-around again, so I'll be taking my business elsewhere for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards