Florida-South Florida
Options

Ft. Lauderdale knotties -- need help!

My 1st bachelorette party is this weekend (I'm so psyched). We are renting at the Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale. Saturday we are going to Riverfront. But Friday plans are up in the air. Any suggestions (besides Hard Rock) on where to go on Friday night (starting around 10pm) that'll be fun? I heard Las Olas is not that fun anymore. Thanks for your suggestions in advance. =)
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Ft. Lauderdale knotties -- need help!

• Options
    PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always have a great time at YOLO on Las Olas. It is usually packed on Friday nights and is a fun scene. The W is a great time, too. We like to start off in the Living Room having drinks and then head downstairs to Whiskey Blue.
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are there any cover charges for any of those places? What is the attire...jeans/cute shirt/heels or dress?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard the W is the new place to be, but I've never been and don't know if one night (Fri vs. Sat) is better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I always have a great time on Hirmashee (sp?) Street (the 2nd Ave area). There is Tarpon Bend which is a bar that always has a band. Dicey OReillys that is also a bar. It is really a fun place to go bar hopping, so if you have one of those lists around your neck, its a great place to complete it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yehhhhhh!! that's my wedding venue, take lots of pix!!! There is a really fun Irish Pub right across the street that we have gone to a couple of times (Waxy O'Connors) - have a great time!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Court, FI and I love Waxy's! It's a huge yachtie hang out so sometimes we are the only Americans there. It's so fun to hear all the different accents.Girls get really dressed up for both YOLO and the W. Lots of dresses with heels or cute jeans and tops with heels. There is not a cover charge for YOLO or the Living Room in the W for sure. I cannot remember if there is one for Whiskey Blue. I don't think so but I'm always pretty tipsy by the time we head down there.
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Courtney--Oooh it is! I will make a mental note to take pics. I've stayed there before for a bach party and I really liked the suite. But don't remember the surrounding areas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since you will already be downtown on Saturday, I would save any places on Himmarshee for that day. I recommend the W for Friday. That way you'll have a change of scenery, since it's on Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Never personally been to the W, but I have heard great things. YOLO is fun, too, but that's on Las Olas and there isn't much else around it other than the restaurants on Las Olas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Forgot to ask. How many bach parties are you having? Must be sooo exciting!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions....keep going back/forth with my MOH of what to do. Might end up going to Hard Rock (since there are more bars/clubs in the same area) haha.I am just having 2. One here and one in Vegas. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just two?? That's FAB, Engagey!!! How fun!
  • Options
    mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Howl at the Moon at BeachPlace seems to be popular for Bachelorette parties.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards