Florida-South Florida

Losing weight before the wedding

I'm planning to get married in about a year and i WANT to lose like 25 pounds. Any of you lose weight? How did you do it? Want to lose it by February so I dont run into fitting problems.

Re: Losing weight before the wedding

• edited December 2011
    I'm trying to lose 50 lbs. It's something I've been trying to do for a while...however the wedding has brought it to the top of my list of things to do. I've been doing it the old fashioned way...exercise! Also portion control has been a big thing for me. HTH!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got married May 24. I started Weight Watchers in mid-January and lost 30 pounds by my wedding date! I love weight watchers and really highly recommend it
  • edited December 2011
    You have to be extremely disciplined to do this but I would recommend Quick Weight Loss Centers. I tried it and in the month I actually stuck to it I lost about 10 pounds; it's a year program. The problem I had with it is I'm not the best cook in the world and the diet really requires cooking, creativity, and discipline. It's a bit on the expensive side so I would definitely look into it before jumping the gun and signing up. There are a couple of ppl at my office that actually stuck to it and lost dramatic amounts of weight.
  • cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Competition!  We have "The Biggest Loser" with his family.  It started with everyone putting in $20 and we weight in every Sunday morning.  If you gain a pound you have to put in $5 for evey pound.  At the end (which was 12 weeks) whoever lost the most weight won the pot.  During the competition I did detox and lost 15lbs (this was a year ago) and have never gained it back. 
  • photonbugphotonbug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That competition sounds fun Cynthia.  what kind of detox program did you do?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • photonbugphotonbug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *Cinthia
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did Isagenix.  Best $100 I have ever spent!  I lost 15lbs in a week and a half and never gained a single 1lb back, which I was very surprise since I thought a huge portion of the weight was water weight.  I think I am going to start again.  I've lost 4 lbs since, but nothing drastic.  I just need the discipline to do it again.  My friend does it about every other month and he has lost 60lbs so far, and never gains it back.  I feel detox teaches me how to eat and acknowledge when I am full to stop.
  • edited December 2011
    cinthia... Where were you a week ago when I was looking for a cleanse to lose weight for my epics??? I'm so bummed now. Where do you get this stuff? I want it now!
  • babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes! me too please tell me where to get this cleanse!!! i need it like ASAP
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jaime- Sorry I had no idea you were looking for a cleanse.  This is what happens when I miss post.  What is your email?  I can email you a bunch of papers I have about it.
  • edited December 2011
    I want the detox info too!!! Jessi312@aol.com Thanks!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I want to detox too, my email is mrodriguez 12 85 at yahoo.com Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Ohh me too please! This one sounds great xonane24xo at aol.com Thanks a mill!
  • avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in desperate need of this detox info! lol email me at adry0779 at yahoo dot com   THanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    can you send me the detox info too? eagles.fan1234@yahoo.comI want to try it after the start of the year because I always gain over the holidays.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • minerva0416minerva0416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im also trying to lose 30 pounds by Dec09,,  my wedding is in April and to be honest im also doing in it the old fashion way eat  less  and go to the Gym (Its Hard).... What I have done was to stop going out to eat ,,thats how i gain like 40 pounds during the last 10 yrs with my FI...We are both supporting each other since we're in the same boat..
  • babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    me too please knottie.babytec@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    DETOX INFO HERE TOO PLEASE! Tiffany.Rousseau @ gmail.com Jessi- I have lost 35 pounds so far and want to lose another 30 before my wedding. I am a size 10 now and it is all thanks to Jenny Craig. The program is a little pricey, but it has really made me be accountable and learn how to eat better.
  • RhiannonBRhiannonB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, me too please! magicmaiden01ATyahooDOTcom
  • edited December 2011
    While on the subject, I thought I'd share with you guys that I was VERY successful with Nutrisystem. I started it in Oct 2006 and by Chrismas I was down 20lbs. I continued on it for another 4 months or so and kept that weight off for almost a year. Unfortunately I burned out on NS and gained it all back and then some between Oct 2007 and now. I have tried to get back on the program b/c I found it to be easy as pie the first time but for some reason I could not commit this time around and I think it's b/c I got sick of the foods. I think I'm going to give NS one more honest try before doing this cleanse only b/c as much as the cleanse results sound amazing, the process sounds miserable. Point of this post is that Programs like Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem ALL WORK... you just have to stick to them. If I were to do 2 - 3 months of strictly following NS I'd lose the weight and that is what I plan to do... I have to!
  • Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    can you email me info on the cleanse thing too please. lacey.laudicina@gmail.com thanks!
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ccrews16ccrews16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love info on the cleanse... I've been scared to try something like that, but it's time to do so, or I will be a nasty looking bride!!! ccrews16@aol.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards