Florida-South Florida
Options

Selling gold?

Has anyone done this? I have so much crap I don't wear! Is it worth it??
DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Selling gold?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    YES! FI and I sold some crappy junk before we moved and got like $200 for a bunch of junk. DO IT!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sold some old stuff that anex gave me a few years ago and I got about $400 ... totally do it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely! I believe gold is really high right now so you can get a lot of money for it. Take everything you have, scraps, and other stuff you dont wear to a reputable trader and one who doesnt charge for melting it so you get the whole profit. I used to work in a jewelry store and we had tons of customers do this. They got back sooooo much money! One lady brought in her old gold fillings and got back 1K! I have a lot of gold to sell too, I just have to do it already!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Be very careful if you are getting rid of something with stone in it and you want the stones. My mom did this with her old wedding set b/c my dad got her a new set for their anniversary the year before. She wanted the stones taken out so she could keep them and they stole the stones from her. After hours and hours on the phone with them, they figured out how much they owed my parents and they got a couple hundred back for the stones. I guess the guy thought he would be slick and sell the stones to make some extra cash in hopes that parents would forget!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a single earring with a sapphire in it. Was hoping I'd get a few extra bucks for it :x lol FI has a Cartier solid gold lighter. He wants to sell it (online it's going for like $3500), but I keep telling him to keep it. Not sure. We're going to go to Boca... there's a gold buyer in the mall!
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let me know how it goes Tess.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I made 550! Just from some old crap - nameplates and stuff
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amy- that is awesome.  Who did you use?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it was some place in boca...i think palmetto and powerline...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didnt really realize how much you could get from old stuff. Im going to be looking thru my old 90's gold for some good $$$.
  • Options
    tshuratshura member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a gold party couple months ago ...and got $500 - for stuff that was broken and I haven't worn since high school...
    Bio image Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly:) - Rose Franken
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actully work at a hotel that has Goldmans of Florida who buy gold. Ive never heard anything bad about them and there are always people coming in to sell.Im in Boynton Beach, if you need more info feel free to ask :). Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards