Florida-South Florida
Options

Jaims & Jill

As a fellow tristate area girl (Representing the Long Island! --> yeah, I'm cool. LOL), I agree... FL doesn't know the art of a diner OR deli!I want fries and gravy at 3am, like, NOW.
DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Jaims & Jill

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to barge into this one....but...... They opened up a Ben's Deli in Boca on 441 near my parents house. The origional is in LI near my grandpa and it's phenom!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sara - not to be nosey, but if your parents live near bens they live near my parents and todds parents! i grew up RIGHT there. Lived in west boca for 25 years! Where do they live?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sara. LOL I remember your house :D My parents moved from Mission Bay. They are right across from that Bens now. I just got my mom chicken soup from there two days ago. It's been there for at least 4 years or so!
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont live close to Boca and Too Jays (IMO....sux!) I grew up in diners and miss being able to get a whole meal for $5. A fave of mine, french onion soup and chicken fingers. Where else can you get that? The lack of diners and delis down here is pathetic considering the amount of ppl from the north! Tess, yummmm disco fries! Whenever I visit home I'm like "Can we go to the diner??"
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sick of delis!  Always the same hot plates and sandwiches : /Grass is always greener! I want tons of drive thrus and authentic latin food
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jill, as soon as we land and get to my Gma's house... we drop our bags and head right to the diner!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm jealous!! Think of me :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's pathetic. Like someone else said, you'd think with all the NY/NJ Transplants they would get it right. There are Jewish Delis here but not like regular deli delis like you see all over NYC and Long Island and Jersey. And Diners, forget about it. They think Dennys is a diner around here... KILLS ME! In NYC, no matter where you are, queens, brooklyn, manhattan, whatever, you can always find a deli open at 2am where you can get your sammich on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When my nephew comes to FL he won't eat. He says the food here is "fake." He's a little shyt. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your nephew is right!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards