Florida-South Florida
Options

Biltmore Question

So, I finally decided on my venue to be the Biltmore in Coral Gables but I kinda don't get what they have going on over there. They say I have to use their vendors but then when I drill them about it they are wishy-washy. Has anyone used vendors that are not on the list there? Just seems ridiculous and I know the Biltmore is probably getting kickbacks from all these people! Would love some inside info...

Re: Biltmore Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im sure Shannon will reply to this soon.... if you want to page her, her name is SFord.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pretty sure they will make you use their vendors. I think they are pretty strict. If you use an outside vendor they usually charge a fee of some sort.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, they do make you use their vendors, so be prepared.  You absolutely cannot use another florist or linen provider.  They aren't strict though on photo, video and planners. So far, I have not had any problems, but it is frustrating when it comes to floral, as many other florists that are popular on here, would be 1/2 the price as the Biltmore florists.  And I do suspect there is a kickback, but that is typical of the industry. The key is to be honest BEFORE you sign the contract there.  I was and so far, so good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards