Honeymoon Discussions

Anyone been to Cabo?

FI and I are headed there in 9 days!  I can't wait!

We are staying at the Playa Grande and already have airport transportation lined up.  I just wanted to see if anyone had any recs for excursions and/or restaurants?  We are open to everything!
imageAnniversary

Re: Anyone been to Cabo?

• We just went there for our HM.  I don't have any restaurant recommendations, but we did go marlin fishing and it was AWESOME.  The company was BCS Sport Fishing, the guy that owns it is named Benito, and it's on the Main Dock.  We booked it through the activities desk at our resort, so I'm not sure if you could do it through yours as well?  But we saw a ton of fish, we each caught a Mahi Mahi, and we also saw two whales, a large school of dolphin, several sea lions, and a sea turtle.  It was a little over $400, plus $48 for bait and fishing licenses - you may be able to find another couple/group at your resort who will split the cost with you, too.  We also went to the mall for souvenier shopping; I can't remember what it was called (Parisio...??), but it had 'Luxury Avenue' attached to it.  It was a pretty nice mall, and we were able to get a lot of stuff there, plus you can walk around the marina behind it and got on a really fun one-hour glass bottom boat tour for $10 per person.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I went to Cabo in January. I actually got engaged there- right on the steps of Luxury Avenue. If you like to shop definitely check that out. Cabo is beautiful and there is so much to do! I recommend the zip line tour, ATV tour and swimming with the dolphins. The ATV is especially nice because your ride right on the beach. Anything you do will be fun. Have a great trip!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_anyone-cabo-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:f8b6289d-ab20-450c-a2f0-d0c4ffc642d8Post:d3070ed2-9739-4093-a8f3-1bdbe6c22aaf">Re: Anyone been to Cabo?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When is the best time to go? I'm gettting married next September or October and my fiance and I have thrown around some places, and Mexico is the TOP of my list! Also, is it a 'party' place? Neither of us drink, so we are more into activities and sight-seeing.
    Posted by lexa10[/QUOTE]

We didn't find it to be a party place, though I think that's there for people who want it.  There are lots of activities that you can do, as a PP mentioned (zip-lining, swimming with dolphins, horseback riding, fishing, ATV tour).  We're not big partiers but we also just wanted to relax, so we mostly lounged by the pool and on the beach at our resort and that was enough for us.  I think there's something for everyone, but the activities DO add up so you should budget accordingly.

As for when you should go, it's sort of tough to say.  We actually chose Cabo because it was relatively unlikely to be hit by hurricanes in September, but it is one of the hotter months there (or so we were told by the locals).  That might make the activities a little less enjoyable, since you can't just dip in the water whenever you get warm.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards