Florida-South Florida
Options

Some checks, but unsure about dress and cake :(

First the good:- The Colonnade's food was delish! Their house wines are actually really great, and their stuffed chicken was actually *awesome*, I wanted more! - We saw an event being set up there and I got a great idea of what my space would look like, especially for the reception. This was only the second time I had been at the Colonnade and the first I'd seen it set up. It was stunning! Now I know I have to get draping for the ceremony though, which was not in the budget ...- I heard a bag lady (yes, you read that right, a bag lady) play the piano at the venue (she was amazing) and decided right then and there we're having a pianist. (If only this lady was reliable and didn't have all her homeless bags with her I'd have hired her!)- My hot pink shoes arrived and they are PERFECT. So check on my bridal shoes.Now the bad: - I still don't have a dress :-(- Tried on a Priscilla dress that I really liked but would have to be seriously altered to hold my girls (it's not so much a size issue as a "cup size" issue), and it was way up there at the top of my price range. - Tried on a "Sarah Danielle" dress that I loved but I had to run to another appointment so decided to check back later. I had never heard of "sarah danielle" the bridal designer and now I know why, the dress is marketed as a "mother of the bride" dress! Even though I can't imagine a MOH wearing a train and a hot number like this one, now I'm having second thoughts. Plus it's not available in white, which I wanted (just "natural" which is sorta like ivory).- Went to my cake tasting at Divine Delicacies and I have to say, not impressed at all. The design of the one buttercream cake they showed me was fine, but the taste was just "eh" for everything we tried, including all the premium stuff! Now I'm considering paying the extra $$ to go with Anna or Edda's.WhehwSorry that was so long girls! Thanks for letting me share, if you stuck around, here are some pictures of everything but the dresses ... if you want I can put up some dress pics :)http://picasaweb.google.com/dalieandmiska/MiamiWeddingWhirlwhildTrip

Re: Some checks, but unsure about dress and cake :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    wow wat a crazy weekend! So glad the food was great. What a bummer about the dresses :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aww thanks for the reviews!! Sounds like you made some progress which is great! Would love to see some dress pics! Which dress at PoB did you like??? Bummed to hear about Divine Delicacises... seems like there are no good options out there. I have DD, Ana and Edda to chose from but none of them have particularly good reviews so I don't know what to do on that.... Did you have your DOC meetings yet???Congrats on the progress!!!
  • Options
    citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay for the colonnade turning out so fabulous. and shoes! yay shoes! good luck with dress shopping... there are so many great shops, i'm sure you'll find something!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad the tasting went well.  At leat you know you will have delicious food!   Have you tried looking for dresses in NY?I am also getting married at the Colonnade's and we decided to pay the extra $ for Ana's.  The cake was delicious.  Although I have heard some bad reviews, I have also heard some great ones.  Hopefully I will have a great one with them.  They've been great so far.As for the draping, man is it expensive but you do need it for the ceremony.  We didnt even think about that when we booked the venue.
  • Options
    tmmathetmmathe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a jam-packed weekend you had!  My family and I were eating near the Colonnade tonight and we dropped by and noticed that wedding going on.  The pics on my camera didnt come out well, so I'm SO glad you got some pics of the setup.  Thanks so much for sharing!!I'm disappointed to hear about your experience with DD...I was hopeful that they would have the tastiest cake...oh well!Congrats on the checks, and GL with your dress search!
  • Options
    Kitty315Kitty315 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Damn you were busy today! I went to a wedding at the Colonnade a year ago and had the Boston Bibb salad.. it was the only salad I had EVER torn into at a wedding. And they served fish.. and I didn't eat it (I hate fish) so looking at your chicken dishes makes me mad all over again!Sorry about the cake and dress.. I too fell in love with a Sarah Danielle dress. It was at J Del Olmo. Everyone convinced me that it was a bad idea cause it was linen and would wrinkle easily. =\ And I hate to admit it.. but they're right. Looking back, that one was my ideal dress. I'm curious to see which SD dress you liked! Heck, I'd love to see what you tried on and saw. If you feel like sharing.. kitty_0516 at hotmail dot com, if you don't want to upload them to a public account. =)Are you going to try some shops tomorrow?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, lady. That was some crazy bridal weekend. Very efficient :) The venue coincidence (being set up + pianist decision) is great, but don't worry about the dress. It's out there, and you will look beautiful on your big day!About the cake, maybe you already know this, but bakeries most of the time want to know what you're going for: looks or taste. That way you can allocate your money better. If, for example, like Amy, you're having a candy bar, don't worry about the taste and have your cake look amazing. Just food for thought!
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    glad the food was good and thank you so much for sharing the pics!!! very nice :) sad to hear about dd though :( and yay for shoes...would love to see pics of dresses!
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ready for those dress pics. Email me if you want instead... zobo410 at yahoo.com You had a very productive weekend. I love the piano. You should look up Vitamin Piano series on itunes. That's where I got the inspiration for our music.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the sort of checks.  Sounds like the trip was worth it even if you didn't find a dress.  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards