Florida-South Florida
Options

Allik1981 - Knottie for the Day!!!!!

Hi girls!!We have a fabulous board with ladies that are all unique, different and AMAZING!!!This will be a great way for us all to get to know each other. Answer each question honestly and full - can't wait to learn more about the South Florida Knotties!!If you would like to be included, reply to this with your knottie name and first name!xoxoCourtneyLET THE QUESTIONS BEGIN!!!!!!!!!! Allison, you're up girlfriend!*******************************1. First Name & FI's First name and wedding date?2. Where did you go to college?3. What part of the world do you live in?4. How did you and FI Meet?5. How long have you been together?6. Do you live together? Why or why not?7. How did FI propose?8. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why?9. Favorite wedding vendor so far?10. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far?11. What do you do for a career? What does FI do?12. Do you think you could be/will ever be a stay at home mama?13. Do you want children? Any potential names yet?14. Do you have any pets? Names?15. Do you have any siblings?16. What is your favorite food?17. What is your favorite movie?18. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol and Non-Alcohol)19. What is the hardest part of wedding plans for you?20. Where are you honeymooning?21. What is the best thing you learned on The Knot?22. What's one city you would love to live in for a year?23. What do you love most about your FI?24. If you have an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on?25. What is one silly thing about you?26. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend?27. What is something you learned from The Knot that you never heard of prior?28. What other Knottie boards do you visit?29. Describe yourself in 3 words.30. What else do you want to share?? THANKS FOR SHARING!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker

Re: Allik1981 - Knottie for the Day!!!!!

• Options
    allik1981allik1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  good thing I decided to check out the board today!1. First Name & FI's First name and wedding date?Allison & Darren, June 26, 20102. Where did you go to college?FSU undergrad (Go Noles!) and now UGA for grad school3. What part of the world do you live in?Atlanta, Georgia4. How did you and FI Meet?We met at a happy hour fundraiser but his two good friends were dating two of my good friends so my friends and I were going to meet up with their boyfriends and he just happened to come along with them.  (unfortunately both couples broke up shortly after we started dating)5. How long have you been together?3 years in October.6. Do you live together? Why or why not?Yup, we actually moved in together last summer bc my lease was up and we figured it would help us out with saving money if we shared a rent rather than each paying our own any month.7. How did FI propose?  I came home from work on a Friday and he had filled the entry of our apartment with balloons so when I opened the door I was so confused on why there were so many ballons everywhere but Darren told me to come in all the way and find out what was going on, and once I got into the living room he was down on one knee telling me how much he loved me and asked me to marry him.  Afterwards he told me we had a reservation at Capital Grill (where we celebrated our 1 and 2 year anniversaries) and when we got there they took us to a private room where both of our families were!  I was so surprised, it was amazing!8. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why? 9 months, I just started grad school and I'm doing an accelerated program where we have quarters instead of semesters so we only had a handful of weekends available and we didn't want to wait two years so we decided on this summer.9. Favorite wedding vendor so far?  well technically I only have 2 so far, so I'd have to say Letty, my planner.  She's great at coming up with ideas and is very patient with me since I feel like I'm one of the few girls who had never dreamed about what my wedding would be like so I have no ideas really.10. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far?  Hmmm... I think my most helpful thing is that I've got a lot of married friends who are all very willing to offer their advice, and so far all the advice I've taken has been extremely helpful - so I guess ask your married friends about their weddings.11. What do you do for a career? What does FI do?  Right now I'm a commercial real estate paralegal, and FI does marketing for Cartoon Network and Adult Swim, mostly for their website but he's got a few ideas he pitched that will be on TV soon!12. Do you think you could be/will ever be a stay at home mama?  I've thought about this a lot lately but I don't think I could.  First off, FI doesn't make enough money to support us both and I need other contact during the day.13. Do you want children? Any potential names yet?  I want children, no names yet.  I've heard a few I like but FI isn't so keen on.14. Do you have any pets? Names?  yup we have Riley.  she's a rescue dog that we saw on 4th of July 2 years ago, we were going to Publix and they had a dog adoption going on at the pet store the next day and as soon as we saw her we knew we had to take her home with us, we have no clue what she's a mix of though.15. Do you have any siblings?  I have a half brother and a half sister from my dad's previous marriage.  I used to be close with my half sister, never have gotten along with my half brother though16. What is your favorite food?  ooh either Mexican or Vietemenese17. What is your favorite movie?  eVeryone makes fun of me for this but its got to be Sugar & Spice (yes the movie about the pregnant cheerleader)18. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol and Non-Alcohol) alcohol would be a raspberry vodka and soda, and non-alcohol would be iced green tea19. What is the hardest part of wedding plans for you? everything, haha.  I think the distance is really the worse.  Trying to make plans to meet people is so hard bc I only have so many weekends without class so whenever I do fly home I have to do so much in one weekend and it all just blends together.20. Where are you honeymooning?  We're thinking Argentina & Brazil, but we're not going on a honeymoon until July 2011 (when I'm done with school) and then we're taking a  graduation/honeymoon.21. What is the best thing you learned on The Knot?  everything, i had no idea what engagement pictures were, plus I use this a lot for looking for vendors. All of the married bio's vendor reviews are major helps for me. 22. What's one city you would love to live in for a year? This would be a toss-up - San Francisco or London.23. What do you love most about your FI? his kindness and how understanding he is, he about how stressed I've been lately.  Plus he's the best at cheering me up when I'm upset.24. If you have an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on? Videographer, right now that's not in our budget25. What is one silly thing about you? I guess the fact that I have full length conversations with my dog everyday when I get home from work.26. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend?  All of them sound great, but YHfoxtrot and TheJennius sound like they're going to be amazing!27. What is something you learned from The Knot that you never heard of prior? engagement pictures, uplighting, chivalli chairs.  I had never heard of any of those things, and now I want them all!28. What other Knottie boards do you visit? sometimes the Atlanta board, but its pretty boring, the Jewish wedding board although I'm not that religious and have no clue what they're talking about half of the time, and every once in a while the Honeymoon board.29. Describe yourself in 3 words.  funny, flustered, goofy30. What else do you want to share?? hmm... I think its cool, but Katherine Heigel and Josh Dumal are taping their new movie (Life as We Know It) right in my neighborhood in Atlanta - they've been filming a bunch of scenes at the apartment building right down the street, and tomorrow their filming at the coffee shop right across the street from me.  Its been really exciting to watch them film scenes - but also making traffice 100x worse than usual.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So nice to learn more about you! Sweet Proposal Story!Your FI's job sounds amazing. Let me know what to look for on the TV, I looove Adult Swim!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI would have a man crush on your FI... working for adult swim. My FI loves loves loves it! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards