Florida-South Florida
Options

When to buy bands?

ok, i'm a post whore today. sorry. when did you girls buy your wedding bands? My ticker is freaking me out and I feel like I need to be doing more things. TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When to buy bands?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No post whore, cause that'd make me your pimp.Wedding bands? FI & I are already looking, but we're weirdos, so calm down.When we did promise rings we bought them 1 month before. They were ready in ... 3 weeks? Yeah, close to that. Sizing and the engraving, that's all. You have time, but if you want to check out what style you want and all, begin window shopping. If you know what you want, relax, don't do it when you want to go to it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We bought ours at the Zales outlet :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ALISSA! We are going tonight WAHOO!
  • Options
    murrc2murrc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just thinking the same thing. We haven't started looking either.
    image Cathy & Chris January 30, 2010 image Isabella and Olivia Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amy I literally was just wondering when you and Todd were gonna go! I am hoping I can wait till the holiday sales - do you think late Nov/early december is too late for us to get them for a Feb wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heck no - its totally fine! it's just rings, nothing crazy custom ordered or anything ya know!
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married the same day as you, and you're way ahead of me in checks if that makes you feel better!! We actually bought my band months ago-the place he bought my e-ring was having a sale, so I figured we might as well spend the money then instead of scrambling at the last minute.  FI has yet to buy his...I think it took about 3 weeks to come in, so if you wait until Christmas, you should be fine!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    about a month to 3 weeks before. Maybe we were a little late on that?? lol. But I had shopped around for wedding bands a few times already just to see what I liked and to see what went with my e-ring. But I dont even wear my wr with my ering most of the time so in the end it didnt matter.
  • Options
    photonbugphotonbug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered our rings on 4/19/09 for our 1/23/10 wedding.  Kind of early but I wanted to get it done.  My rings came like two weeks later.  FIs ring came but was wrong.  A week later it came in again, wrong.  Finally a week after that it came in correctly.  Because of this I would leave two months. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought our bands about 3/4 months out. Whenever the Knot To Do List told me. LOL, I followed that. I say go whenever you're ready.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ooooooops!!! Sorry! I don't read!We bought our bands in August 2009 and our wedding is April 2010. We had been looking for a while and that's an actual check that we can take care of from over here... so we said, why not
  • Options
    clovonneptclovonnept member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I JUST bought our bands last night from Blue Nile!! We're getting married in February. I got 10% off using code "Onewed" and they have free overnight shipping. The rings will be here tomorrow!! Their return policy is great and you can exchange for any size. I ordered early in case we needed to change sizes, plus we still need to get them engaged. We went to a couple jewelry stores and I HATED how salesy it was. Jared's was the worst. We walked in and got a tour of the facility, including their kids play area (not necessary for two adults to see) and their cappucino machine (with 4 diff ppl insisting we have some). While browsing, the woman offered to have my engagement ring cleaned, and pushed 3 more times after I declined, not wanting to be roped into staying there longer. When she realized she wasn't getting a sale out of me, she handed me off to another woman and went to turn on the charm for someone else. Buying our rings on the internet has been a great experience so far. I highly advise you skip the jewelry store except for testing styles and getting size, and just buy online.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We bought our bands two weeks ago at the 2 month mark.
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    don't freak out, hun! you're so ahead of the game...We picked our bands about 1 month after we got engaged at Jared's in boyton so we can do a layaway plan...but i don't think it's a big deal if you do it later than sooner ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We bought ours in March for our January wedding.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my Fi wedding as his Christmas Present last year and it was the one he wanted too! I would go the earlier the better in Zales u have the promo that if its more than 400 i believe then u have 6 months to pay it. i got his on sale it was originally 900 and there was 50% off plus another 15% when u used the zales card so it came out to 400 so i would suggest now cause u can slowly pay it i wanted to pay it before the wedding like that we are debt free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards