Florida-South Florida
Options

Majorly frustrated

I need ideas for the groomsman gifts. I want to avoid generic gifts and really I want to stay away from anything with glass, especially since most of them are flying to our wedding.  That being said, most of them do not drink, so flasks and beer steins are out. (Also, since they are flying FI said knives are also out).I have no clue what to get them. No idea at all. I was thinking about making personalized fleece blankets according to what their favorite sports team is, but then I had a friend of mine tell me that they are 'dudes not chicks' and I needed to remember that.  FI didn't really care for the idea but he realized I was hurt when he didn't care for the idea so then he started playing along.We are leaving in two weeks for the wedding and I have nothing for four guys.
photo 12603f61-b990-4723-8872-5bbe40e4eb3e_zpsee882a16.jpg
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers Follow Me on Pinterest "She can kiss my dog hair loving arse." - September 11 Sweetpeas

Re: Majorly frustrated

• Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what about personalized cuff links? FI was a groomsman at a wedding and he seemed to appreciate that as a gift and wants to do the same of his guys also you can do wallets and stick in a gift card to their fav coffee shop or itunes or whatever...GL :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i really like the wallets and gift card idea. that's super cute. the cuff links is a good idea too.
  • Options
    faupandafaupanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the wallet idea too... I think that is a very good idea... genius... :)I'm really afraid that one of the groomsman and his wife are just going to sell our gift, and I read elsewhere that gifts shouldn't be personalized or pertaining to the wedding (saying groomsman/bridesmaid, MOH, BM, etc) because they just throw it away,  or because goodwill wouldn't want it.  I put a lot of thought into gifts and I don't like giving gifts that don't have a purpose and it annoys me that people just throw away stuff because it isn't cash or what they exactly wanted.  I think some people focus more on what they get for being in your wedding rather than the fact that you're asking them to celebrate the day with you and your FI and the joining of your families. It saddens me because I have those people in my wedding and I know that no matter how much thought I put into their gift it won't matter.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers Follow Me on Pinterest "She can kiss my dog hair loving arse." - September 11 Sweetpeas
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww!!! Glad you like the idea, but i can't take credit for it; married knottie Lissette (tazvdl) did that for her GM :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hi!! It's true - I stole Lissette's idea!! We got all the boys monogrammed wallets - they're AMAZING quality (info in my bio under vendors).   We're going to put lotto tickets in each wallet! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think FI wants to get his guys watches. You can get some really nice ones that arent too expensive.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    faupandafaupanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! Thanks Court for the bio info! I'm checking it out as we speak!! :)  I'm also looking into the watch suggestion too!! Great suggestions! thanks!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards