Florida-South Florida
Options

Best way to win

Ok, so I owe Joanne my life. She found a contest for free NYC e-pics.Joe and I want to share our story about our NYC proposal and all the health issues that have kept us from getting married in the past year.What's the best way to win? I don't want to see "needy" but I want to show them that we deserve this.Any advice??
DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Best way to win

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think your situation alone will tug on the heart strings! if you need knottie support & votes, you just let us know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just tell your story honestly, like you were telling it to one of us. Dont come off as whiny or needy, but rather say something like: "We always knew we would get married, it was just a question of when. Now that its actually within our reach we're taking every opportunity to make it the most memorable experience of our lives. Through all the tough times, we feel its important to have joyous times like a photoshoot of our love. This will show our children later on that even when you go through hard times, you can be strong and there are good times that follow as well." HTH! Good luck Tesssss!!!!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yea, you can also mention that you've had to pay for your treatments and didnt think an e-session would be available to you. But like Alissa said too, your story alone will have ppl's hearts melting!
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask other knotties that have posted there stories for contests or maybe google other sites that have wedding contests as well to get an idea what other people write. Best of Luck!!! xoxo

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jill that sounded great....gave me goose bumps that small paragraph. :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What Jillian said! Honesty works wonders :)And Alissa covered it: let your story just speak for itself. That's all you need. And your pretty face, your pretty face always helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wrote this. Its lengthy... so im gonna cut like half of it.dammit. i want these.Joe and I meet in the spring of 2006. Our first conversation was ourlove for NYC. He is from Toronto and held a special place in his heartfor NY because it reminded him so much of home. I'm originally fromLong Island, and since the age of 10 had a passion for NYC that mostothers know all too well. It's a passion that holds on to your heartand calls you from whenever you are. A passion that takes over yourbody the moment you step off an airplane in LGA, or the LIRR fromMassapequa. Only someone with this passion could stand to love a citysuch as NYC and Joe and I were up for anything that NYC threw our way. Joe and I were both very lucky enough to work for an airline based outof JFK, so we visited NYC often. He spent his first Christmas there inthe winter of 2007 and we enjoyed everything that the City has tooffer during that time. (He'd later tell me that he decided on thattrip that he'd propose to me in NYC during Christmas.) Our vow, evenafter months of dating, was to one day move to the City of dreams.Then I got sick and had to have a serious surgey that could possiblytake away my ability to have children. At that point Joe and I decidedthat no matter what, City or no City, children or no children,  wewere in this together. November of last year Joe and I took our traditionalfall-turning-to-winter trip in NY. Joe had a proposal planned withFrozen Hot Chocolates at Serendipty, Wallman rink for ice skating (Heis Canadian, afterall) and a carriage ride around Central Park. Two ofmy very favorite NYC things. Classics in their own right.Unfortunately, it rained and our trip to NYC was cut short for theday. Joe proposed in my Grandmother's house on Long Island that nightpromising that one day our NYC dream will come true in one way oranother. We are getting married next year on Long Island and I just had anothermajor surgery that has altered our lives in a major way. We've beensearching for a photographer in NYC to shoot a set of e-pics but eventhough we still have the opportunity to fly for free, many photogs aresimply out of our budget. NYC is the place dreams. Christmas in NYC ismagical. Help make our Christmas wish come true. Allow us to share ourlove for each other in the City that we cherish. In the city where weofficially dedicated our lives to each other.
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love what Jillian said it touches, add your story.  We will all vote and send out knottie vibes.   geri..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tess...my eyes watered. its a beautiful story. So much love for you Good Luck!!!geri... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tess, it's brilliant. SEND IT NOW!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its not dry? lol I'm adding humor? No humor? SHould i just go off my gut and send that one.... sans typos... lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats perfect. I wish you the best!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried posting before.... but i dont see it????????
  • Options
    RhiannonBRhiannonB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my Tess...I seriously almost started crying here in my cube at work! Is there a word limit?  If not, I wouldn't cut out any of it.  It's amazing and touching just the way it is!
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tess it sounds great GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just be honest about your situation, and with knottie vibes you will come out on TOP:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GIRLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!VOTE FOR ME WHEN U CAN!!!http://snippetandink.blogspot.com/2009/09/nyc-engagement-shoot-giveaway.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tess, send it right this second!!  Please do. It's so touching. You'll get it : )  : )  : )Your story is very touching. I never knew about your story. I guess I am too new to TK and wasn't here. Thank you for sharing these things from your heart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How do we vote? I went there and saw your story but where to vote?
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    went to the web site couldn't find where to vote??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh sorry. Lol I read wrong... gotta wait... if I'm a finalist (::crosses fingers::) then Snippet readers vote! It closes tonight, so here's to hopin!
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Best of Luck Tess. I never knew about your story since I am a new knottie..I think the wording was perfect :)

• Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I seriously teared up reading that.  What a beautiful story!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The story you wrote was beautiful! good luck :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How do you vote?? I want to vote a million times!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tess, that was beautiful. I think it really shows how much love you & Joe have for one another!!! Please let us know when to vote!! Best of luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls so much.
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great story let us know when to vote!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GOOD LUCK MY LOVE!!!!!! il'l vote till my thumbs fall off!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    MDA1081MDA1081 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish you lots of Luck! You def deserve this! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards