Florida-South Florida
Options

Poll:

What do you ladies use for protection? These pills are really becoming tired. I need to fix this asap!

Re: Poll:

• Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like using the pills. Never had a problem or scare. I keep them on my nightstand and take them before bed. My FSIL uses the ring and she likes it, but it's more expensive per month.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is at the risk of making myself sound even more naive than I already am, but I was going to say "I don't like pills either. If anything, I'd rather get the flu shot." Wrong kind of protection, Jen.... Don't judge, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol!!! Sorry, Jen. I didn't want to sound vulgar or offend anyone with too much sexy wording. Not that pills are so sexy... but you never know.    : )
  • Options
    RhiannonBRhiannonB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably no help, LOL, but I'm on the pill (Ortho-tricyclene Lo) and since FI is super paranoid, we also use condoms. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmmm!!! I remember Ortho Tri Lo - I liked it! Let me ask my gyno
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never got on the pill because I'm afraid that I'll forget to take it daily.  When I first got on BC, I used the patch.  It worked great for me, with minimal side effects like soreness around the area where the patch was adhered to.  After about 2-3 years, I got off it when I started seeing the Dr at the university's clinic and she suggested the ring.  I switched over and I liked it for some time.  It's easy, once a month, and you can remove it during intercourse for up to . . . 3-4 hours, something like that, just make sure you rinse it with warm water before putting it back in.  But after some time, I started having issues and I'm not sure if it was the BC (because it started around the time I switched from the patch to the ring), but I got off all BC to see if the problems went away.  My problems went away and I've been BC free for about 2.5 years, maybe?  I don't like condoms, but it's our method for now.  I don't want to experience the same issues ever again in my life if I go back on BC. 
  • Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dislike being on hormones.  I am on ortho-tri-lo too, but I feel better when I am off.  But, we can't take any chances, so it is what it is.Oh and I tried the nuvoring and my roommates told me that I was bitchier than normal and I felt "off".  Otherwise, I liked it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm on orthotricyclen :)I can't wait to go off.I've been on since I was 16 - 10 years!!I think once we get married, I'll go off and use condoms for a while...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At the risk of asking for TMI, for those of you who are on the pill too, how long does Aunt Flo come to town for?  I always thought the pill was supposed to make it shorter, but that hasn't really been the case for me and I'm just wondering what other girls experience before I talk to my doc...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am regularly 7 days heavy.On the pill, I am 5 days regularIt is the only plus (oh and I guess bigger knockers).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    menopause. lmao. Before, my period lasted for 10 days.
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not on the pill, but I'll have to start before the wedding, I guess. Can't be conceiving on our first night together, hehe. I'm 3 days long. If my hormones are staging a coup (meaning rarely), 4 days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been off the pill for a year cause my hormones were going crazy. I had extreme mood swings. Now I don't use anything...the rhythm method I guess is what it's called. Neither of us are that worried about pregnancy. We've said that if it happens it happens....... though recently I have become slightly worried because I want to fit in my dress. My friend had the patch and said it worked well for her :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm on Loestrin. It sucks. I have no drive : (  I was never like this and I was hoping it would just miraculously come back. I was on Yasmin for 1.5 yrs but it's too expensive here in New York and the generic makes me sick.I was looking for another method - but I am SUPER paranoid and absolutely do not want to get pregnant right now, so I'm thinking I can maybe ask my doc to change me to Orthotric LO, like you ladies. Orthotri-Lo ladies - how is your drive on this pill? This really concerns me : (
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be honest and say that it is much higher without hormones.  Sigh, I really dislike BC.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's enough for me, then.  : (  Have you found that orthotri-lo is better with your libido than others, or have they all been similar in that area?If not, I might resort to the diaphragm or something
  • Options
    Kitty315Kitty315 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was on Loestrin 24.. the one with the 4 day inactive pills for a year (on last pack now). I really haven't had a period in months because of it. Some may say "what's so bad about that?" (like my gyno) but the way I see it is.. if you weren't meant to have a period, you wouldn't have one. I asked her to switch me to something that had 7 days and I'm going to start my Orthro Tri-Cyclen Lo pills. And I have NO drive whatsoever. Unless I drink or the stars are all aligned properly. Here I thought I was damaged.. turns out it's the damned pills. Hopefully it gets a little better with Orthro.. otherwise, I don't know what I'm going to do. =\
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes! I'm in the exact same boat as you :(I hate that stupid Loestrin 24. It's only been 2 months and my drive is gone. Never here. I have to force myself to try to bring it out somehow sometimes. I'm telling you, this was never me. Even on others like yasmin, etc,.So what to do?? Was your drive like this before Loestrin also?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For me - I am sorry to say that I don't think it just Ortho, I think it is just the hormonal regulation. I was off BC for 3months due to insurance, and it was so different.  I mean I am 33  - so my DH couldn't keep up when I was off.I so want minerva, but can't since I havent had any kids.Soooo annnoying.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    UGH!! This is unacceptable lol. So what are you going to do, Muddi? Are you going to just hang in there with Orthotri-Lo?I might just say eff it and get off. Have you tried condoms/diaph for a while?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies please don't judge - so I can't get pregnant, it would be really bad for both me and my DH. And I really don't want have to make that decision.The reality is that there is a 20% fail rate of condoms (my 3 brothers are products of that), and a less than 1% rate with BC.  So, yeah, I have to stick it out.  I think in a few months, I will try out another one like the ones that the seasonale one.I just tell DH that if he won't get snipped then he just has to work that much harder!!!!  LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh Lord!! Thanks for sharing :)I just feel like it's such a freaking sensitive topic to bring up. I like to tell him that well... I want to get off the pill b/c this is not me....I was usually quite the nymph...but not anymoreAnd if condoms are at 20% these days, I am NOT willing to take the risk. And in the heat of the moment, for sure they don't get used half the time. Dangit. I might change immediately and if that doesn't help, I will move on.Why haven't you tried IUD??  I am terrified, therefore I refuse
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And DANG, M... you have nothing left for sale. I went on your bio and wanted this and that and this and that... and it's all SOLD in bright red letters!  :)I guess Ikea really is around the corner, huh?
  • Options
    Kitty315Kitty315 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was on some generic ones from planned parenthood before going on Loestrin a year ago. Before that, I wasn't on anything.. just condoms. I can tell there's been a huge difference since getting on Loestrin. It wasn't so bad when I was on the ones before that. I've never been the type to jump across the room and pounce on FI but I do remember being a lot more active and willing than I am now.. and I feel horrible. =\ And it makes me feel.. broken. I've even considered going to a sex therapist to see if there's anything I could do.. and like you said, it's a sensitive subject. I need the little blue pill for women. >:oMuddi - It's not taken the wrong way. We don't want to have kids for the time being because we have a lot of traveling and other things we'd like to get out of the way before raising a family. If it were to happen though, we'd suck it up.. but we don't want to be put in that position. So in addition to BC we use condoms because I'm uber paranoid of that 1%.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's good to know that I'm not alone, LOL!Millenia - I would say if you're going to switch, OrthoTriLo is probably a decent bet because the hormones are supposed to be a lot lower than the others...At least that's how my doc told me.  As for drive, it's been so/so although I think mine is still bigger than FI's...
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow I'm on the same boat. I got back on the pill so I wont get preggo before the wedding. I use to use Ortho-Low but my doc gave me Yaz 5 mths for free. So that works perfect since my wedding is 5 mths away. It saves me money. :) good luck.So far Yaz has been great. No side effects and Ortho-Low I used for a couple of yrs and it was great too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am on BCP - orthocyclin and Irene I am in the SAME boat as you. I thought I was "broken" too LOL! I was like WTF is wrong here?!?!?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards