Florida-South Florida
Options

I have to play guessing games

I'll try to stay positive but I guess the catering organizer at my venue isn't going to be my cup of tea.I booked my venue 2 months ago and I've maybe sent her a total of 3 emails in this whole time. Each email has had to be sent 2 times. I wait a week and no response - then I just forward the same email and she finally responds.  Man! I'm paying good money.  Questions may be minimal but it doesn't matter! Jeez.

Re: I have to play guessing games

• Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be pissed. Can you maybe call her and talk to her about it? The last thing you want is to be stressed out waiting for a response.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That totally sucks.  I'd write a fake email and see how quick he/she responds and call them out on it.  Hah  OK, maybe not, but they deserve a piece of your mind.  That's bad business!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sent her an email on Wednesday this time... so I will wait until Tuesday and if no response, I will totally call her out this time
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is there any way you can switch to another person? Some venues have several event directors, some just have one. It's worth giving it a try. If all else fails, have a good talk with her, face to face. And if that fails, take it to her boss. You're a client, she's supposed to be answering your questions.
  • Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are in NY, right?  My advice is to nip this in the bud now.  I had the same problem and it totally sucks when you live 1000+ miles away.  You need to call them up and complain that you need better service. I hope it gets them to polish up their act.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Correct, I am in NY. I can't deal with this nonsense. I hate having to complain because then I feel awkward tension - but oh well. Come wedding time, I don't want to be steaming out of my ears b/c she doesn't respond.And Jen - I believe this is the coordinator that they transferred me to. This is the South Beach Marriott and I think it's pretty small. Not sure if they have more than one but I will definitely ask (good idea).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards