Florida-South Florida
Options

Check... cake!

Yesterday we went to Susie's Scrumptious for cake tasting. We had a lot of fun. It was the only wedding activity that FI has really been involved with. I let him take over. For the design he went through the books and chose a simple three tiered square cake. We wanted to keep it simple and modern like our cp's. He wanted it to be angled so it's more like diamonds. It will have a lime ribbon around the base and pearl dots on the icing. All buttercream. I made sure to point out to him how fondant cuts (when we were tasting) and how it doesn't normally have as nice flavor to it. The bottom tier will be dulce de leche, middle tier will be kahlua chocolate, and top tier almond. We got a cake for 125 ppl, instead of 150 because we are also serving dessert. If we feel more people are coming then we will add another tier back on. More tasting... oh darn. PIB under cake.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Check... cake!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yum yum yum. congrats on the checks! Their cakes are SO super yummy and moist there! Gorgeous Andra! Love the cake!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    how come i dont have your damn password!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so cute!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That cake looks BEAUTIFUL! I love it. I want one angled like that!I have not gone tasting and probably will not for a while. My next time in town will likely not allow time for it :(   So I have no idea what those different flavors taste like. Dangit, I really need to make it in!
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah you definitely have to go tasting. I am not a caramel fan, and my favorite was the dulce de leche. I love hazelnut, and that was my least favorite. Some of them were sooo rich we thought it wouldn't be good for the guests, especially since we are serving dessert. You have to try and fit it in!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    omg your cake sounds amazing. i'm glad to see a review of susie's cause they're a recommended vendor for my venue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love it and love the lime ribbon!!! I don't usually salivate over cake pics, but for some reason I really want cake now. Congrats on your check!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats on the yummy check, and on FI taking over ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty cake,sounds yummy!!! Congrats on the huge check!  I need to set up cake tasting and get on it STAT before I start my dirt and water diet ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards