Florida-South Florida
Options

SO i have to share my issues with someone

So I figured who else but you ladies.. That in such a short period of time is easier to open up to and are always so great at advice. So I am about 5 months away and yes I cannot believe it myself. From the very beggining the planning has been dificult as we are paying for the wedding ourselves and have had many ups and downs financially. Well with that being said. ME being 5 MONTHS away and all i have is a VENUE that thank GOD includes everything and most  important my DRESS! other then THAT NOTHING else BOOKED!! Am I crazy or what? Is this ok I know what vendors I want to use and I have contacted them all but i have not given my deposits and I am beyond afraid to contact them and they tell me they have booked which I would understand but I would be very sad then.. OH dear.. Is this ok to wait to the last minute not because I want to but because I have no choice?

Re: SO i have to share my issues with someone

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You're getting married at a very busy time. Get cracking on booking vendors if you have found any that you like. I'm getting married 1 month after you and almost all of my first choices for vendors were booked. I was sad, but then I got over it and booked the vendors I really needed to book.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We;ll first let me say im sorry you are going through a hard time. Wedding planning is stressful no matter what situation. As far as saying is it ok? Well...not really babe, only reason is, those vendors might book. I mean if there is nothing you can do about it right now thats fine, but dont be surprised if you DO wait till last minute and they are not available. In this business...they can say one thing but whoever shows the money first, thats who gets the date. Just being honest :(
  • Options
    Kitty315Kitty315 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, it's not crazy. I just sent my reservation form for venue YESTERDAY and I'm getting married 3/14. A week and a half ago, I ordered my dress. Last night I created a couple of save the date's. I booked photo amost a month ago, and video roughly 7-8 weeks ago. By bridal standards.. I'm "behind". In your situation, you can't force something like this. Is it possible to explain your situation to the vendors you want to book and see if you can give monthly payments to those vendors isntead of one huge depost, thus reducing your overall initial expenses? See if you could come up with a payment plan and then pay off the balance come wedding day or even after.GL!!PS - If you need help finding someone if it turns out your top choices are booked, let me know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's doable.  I was sort of in the same boat.  But be prepared for already-booked-vendors. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you are going through this. I know everything will work itself out. With that being said, for vendors that you want to use, contact them, see if they are still avail for your date, if so turn on your negotiating tool, I am sure you can get some costs cut down significantly. GL
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you are going through some rough times, but no worries.  I'm a huge believer that what is for you will be for you.  I went to a wedding that was planned in 3 months and it was great.  Just start calling everyone and don't be afraid. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You'll work it all out. Some vendors may be booked but there are so many out there, you'll always find SOMEONE!Hang in there!
  • Options
    mayda<3lestermayda<3lester member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say contact those vendors that you have in mind to check if there's still available and try to work something out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to have to be honest: If I were a vendor and there was no communication after initial talks, I'd assumed you're no longer interested. Yes, you have the prerogative of who to choose for your wedding, but if you are really looking to book certain vendor, you need to let them know your situation. Of course, try not to sound desperate because some vendors will just try to milk money out of you (k... wrong expression but you get it).Wedding planning is stressing no matter your situation, Amy is quite right. And you can leave everything to the last minute, but don't expect your vendors to stay around for long. Hopefully everything works out for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards