Florida-South Florida
Options

Ok...registry info with invites?

So, we started our registry tonight at Macy's and will add to it with Crate and Barrel and maybe Bed, Bath and Beyond, but FI thinks we should include it with the invites (especially b/c of out-of-towners) but I know etiquette says not with invites only bridal shower invites.  What are you girls doing?
image Cathy & Chris January 30, 2010 image Isabella and Olivia Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ok...registry info with invites?

• Options
    rrive008rrive008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i included my website on the STD's, which is where i have the info. i'm also counting on word of mouth and my bridesmaids to spread the word if they plan my shower.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    IMO, go w/ what etiquette tells you. i'm registered @ macy's too, but i threw out the little cards they gave me. my registry info is on my website (which is on their STD magnets) and in small font at the bottom of my bridal shower invites. the little cards would have been toooo much
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like this post, Cathy. Thank you.For you ladies- suppose I already sent my STDs and I forgot to add my website on there. Word of mouth won't be that accurate b/c a lot of FI's family is OOT and they don't talk as often. What would you do about registry at this point (would you add website to invites)?
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am so torn about this too...but at the end, i think i won't add it...I've seen it done many times and never thought it was tacky but i know some people see it as tacky...sorry i am no help :( Christina- what you can do is add a little information insert to your invites: the ones that will have accomodations, directions and there you can put your website info...hth! GL
  • Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some people think very passionately about not doing this.  Given that, I wouldn't include it.Now that I think of it, I have actually never been invited to a wedding that had this info.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We included our website in an enclosure card in the following phrase:for more information, please visit: url address.We listed hyperlinks to our registries on our website.  I think most people have seen it by now.
  • Options
    mayda<3lestermayda<3lester member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can include your website information on an insert in your Invite. I wouldn't put the registry card in the Invite, some guests do find it tacky.
  • Options
    murrc2murrc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  Duh...on the website.  I did send out a STD magnet and with our website on there so that works out perfect!  Christina, I agree, add the website to one of your insert cards with your invite.
    image Cathy & Chris January 30, 2010 image Isabella and Olivia Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we have it on our website. But I've gotten invites w/ the little registry inserts in them. Some people think that's a no no, but it never bothered me. But doing it on the website is definitely more green.
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the regisrty will be listed on my bridal shower. But I would do what the ladies pp..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    SarahNESarahNE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I put my registry info on an enclosure, not on the invitation itself. I've got a lot of elderly guests coming to the wedding, and some of them don't know how to access the internet. We had an Information Enclosure and I just added it to the bottom of that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MILENIA -- you can send your guests an email announcing your website.  We had chocolates for our STDs and did not have room to include our website, so we sent an email out announcing our website and telling the guests (half of which are from OOT) that hotel booking and area information was on the site.  HTH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion!! I will def. do that as well.Now that I'm thinking of it, I didn't even have the info ready at that point so no way I could have included the site on the STD.Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to include the registry info on an enclosure card, not the actual invitation itself. I will probably put it on the accommodations card. It's really just personal preference. I think pretty much all the weddings I've been to have had the registry info. with the invite, and I never found it tacky. I pretty much expected it. I've found that people want to know the registry so they don't have to worry about what to buy you. I like the idea of having the link to your wedding website too as another option. Anyway, HTH :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards