Honeymoon Discussions

Hawaii =]

Hi Ladies,

I'm looking for some suggestions for my honeymoon to Hawaii. I'm trying to narrow down the places we should visit. I'm thinking we would like to do three islands. Which were your favorite and why?

Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend!
Thanks!!
imagePregnancy Ticker

Re: Hawaii =]

• Okay, first off, how long are you planning on staying on each island? Because I think people too often rush through several of them in order to "see them all", while sacrificing quality for quantity. IMHO, you need a good 5 nights (at least) to really get a beginning of a feeling for each island.

My two favourites are Maui (beautiful beaches, great hiking, restaurants and activities) and the Big Island (must do: star gazing tour up Mauna Kea, active volcano, black sand beaches, totally laid back vibe). All the islands are very different, so it's up to you to figure out which will relate to your personality the best.
  • Kaesha-- Thanks for the advice! We're looking to spend 7 days on one island and 5 on another. We've just decided to narrow it down to two islands. At the moment we're leaning towards Maui & Oahu.. but you're making Big island sound good. Haha. I'm getting all sorts of opinions. I  guess i'm just going to have to keep doing my research! Thanks a bunch!
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • No worries! The Hawaiian Islands are my happy place! Maui and Oahu are the most alike in what they have to offer - so if you're looking for contrast, the Big Island or Kauai would be great substitutes for one of the islands. The Big Island really is cool - 11 of 13 of the world's different climates! It's a really raw, remarkable place.
  • It was always our dream to honeymoon in Maui and it didn't disappoint.  I have a review in my bio.  Now our dream is to retire there!

• Hawaii is good place
    brideswardrobe.com/7-wedding-dress
  • Pick what you want to do and base it off that. If you want to see Pearl Harbor, Waikiki, Diamond Head Crater, etc., then you have to go to Oahu. Maui is beautiful and I recommend that.  I have never been to the big island but heard good things. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you plan to visit Maui, DO NOT miss out on the maui kayak tour.  It is fabulous!!!  You Kayak out from Makena for a 4 hour tour with a guide for snorkaling.  It is soooooo much better than the Molokini boat tour.  The guide for maui kayaks actually dives down and brings things up from the bottom for you to hold.  It is awesome.  It also includes a lunch on shore with Hawaiin stories told by your guide.  I did the trip with a girlfriend a few years ago and cannot wait to take my hubby on the trip.  It is SO worth the 99.00 per person!!!  Check them out at mauikayak.com
  • We are going to Oahu for 7 nights, there were tons more activities to do there then some of the other islands and a huge bonus is going to pearl harbor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards