Florida-South Florida
Options

VENDOR RAVE!!! reaaaad!

So when I went to a couture bridal store in the gables the other day (don't want to say name) and the employee who was helping me told me that their veils run about $1000-1300 a piece my Mom almost fainted. In Spanish she's like "But that take's no science to make. And yes, that's french lace (Alencon) but we can just buy it at Rex Fabrics on SW 8st and 37th avenue or in downtown Miami. When the lady heard my mom say this she pulled us to the side and said "as a matter of fact Rex fabrics are the suppliers for us. That's where we buy our lace and veil material." She was clearly trying to help us out...  The point is, for those of you who are look for a mantilla style veil (like pronovias) or any veil with a special trim around it GO TO REX FABRICS ON 8st and 37th in miami. They are a couture fabric store meaning they carry all the finest laces, veil material, etc. The also have a tailor at the store that will do it for you! We went the other day and to make the same exact veil and I mean EXACT it is costing me about $250!

Re: VENDOR RAVE!!! reaaaad!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    that's a great deal! i've begun to believe that all bridal shops try to rip you off :( congrats on your veil!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sweetcook82Sweetcook82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow! Thanks for this! I am on the hunt for my veil and I have found nothing in the style I want for under  $500 and we have gone to pretty much every store on Miracle Mile and some others..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's ridiculous. I mean... I know businesses have to profit but geeeeez louiseee. My best friend was about to buy her dress at a bridal store on miracle mile for $1300 and when I googled the brand of her dress (moonlight) I found it on bridalshop.com for $500. She also got it in 3 months vs. 8.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! ...And that's that Rex is usually crazy expensive... If you visit "casa de las viejas" in downtown miami you will also find almost anything fabric related you're looking for, just an fyi. My grandma is making my mantilla and we got the supplies there... It was around $200-230 with everything. The french lace is gorgeous and they had a ton to choose from too :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow that's really awesome of the lady to be upfront about it! And yay for such a huge savings!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards