Honeymoon Discussions
Options

honeymoon options at the end of December

Where is a good, reasonably priced place to go over Christmas & New Years?? We are looking to take a 10-12 day honeymoon & want to be someplace WARM! We would really like something all inclusive, but also have the option to go into a town or on day excursions if we want to (read: safe). We are thinking somewhere in the Caribbean, possibly Central America too. We would really love to go to Hawaii, but I don't think we could afford 2 weeks there. I don't want to go to Mexico (already been). 

We primarily just want to sit on a beach or next to a pool and sip cocktails all day and go to nice dinners at night. We don't want a family friendly place (no offense...we just want peace & quiet), but would like something that has a spa and maybe a golf course. I went to a bridal expo a couple weeks ago and I just grabbed some brochures for Sandal's resorts, but aren't those cheesy and cheap? Whenever I hear Sandal's, I just think of Michael Scott on The Office!!!

Thank you!! :) 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: honeymoon options at the end of December

• Options
    I work in a school, so I only get holiday's & summer off. Fiance has already taken the time off and the way the holiday's fall this year, he only had to take 4 vacation days total to get two weeks off. We can't go right after the wedding because he can't be off work at that time and we want to have time to save some $$ after the wedding
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    what's your budget? christmas and new years are the most expensive time of year to travel.

• Options
    Try Aruba, Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico for great all-inclusives. If you book early you may be able to get a deal.

Also, I've heard good things about Sandals and Beaches. But, they really are for people who want to stay within the resort--which you should because that's what you are paying for with the all-inclusive.

• Options
    I just want to say that I've been to two Sandals resorts and loved them both.  They are not cheesy at all, but expensive yes.  I'm not sure how warm the Bahamas or Jamaica are in December.  I don't think they're too hot, but I'm not sure.  I know you said in your OP that you don't want to go back to Mexico, but that's really where you're going to get the best bang for your buck at an AI, couples only.  
  • Options

We went to Breezes Resort in Negril Jamaica in Feb- weather was great (upper 70s- 80s), no kids, there were things to do if you want to, or you can just relax on the beach.  Had gym, spa services, tennis courts.  Prices were a little more than Mexico, but not much.... I think it was around $2200 each.
  • Options
    I've started looking and some sites say that nothing is available, so I don't know that its true or if its too early to book. That doesn't seem logical because I feel like you should be able to book for December now. 

I know Mexico is probably cheapest, but I just have no desire to go back there. I have barely traveled and I want to go somewhere new. 

I wouldn't say by any means that our budget is unlimited, but we haven't set one (for anything wedding related for that matter). We've saved a lot of money for the wedding, so we're kind of like whatever it costs, it costs. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I understand your desire for peace and quiet.  One word of caution when planning the honeymoon near the holidays ... verify with the resort that they remain kid-free during the holidays.  H and I have taken three trips to a resort which does not allow children under 18, except for 3 weeks during the year (Thanksgiving and thw two weeks at the end of the year).

Good luck with your planning and have a great trip!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards