Florida-South Florida
Options

Great small venue on/near the beach?

I'm moving to Miami in a couple of months and starting to plan a beach wedding there. I want a very intimate wedding with only immediate family and close friends, so I don't need anything large. In fact, I'd love a great local restaurant on or near the beach with a private room/patio area for my reception. Since I'm not local, I have no clue! Does anyone have any ideas? If there's not a great spot on the beach, I'm also interested in any cool museums or galleries that might make a beautiful backdrop to our wedding. We both work in the visual arts and have a passion for modern art and photography... Any ideas are most welcome!

Re: Great small venue on/near the beach?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue is perfect for that. Marriott South Beach. It's an intimate modern hotel right on Ocean drive.   Beautiful place!  Ocean and sand/huge pool is the backdrop
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Visual arts venues: The Moore Building in the Miami's Design District4040 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33137This space has closed as an art space as of last year (very sad!), but I know the owners are still around.  Sometimes they hold fashion shows featuring local designers.  The building is historical and the space is beautiful. http://www.themoorespace.org/.There's also the building that used to house MAC (Miami Art Central)MAC rooftop at the edge of Coral Gables, down the street from the University of Miami.  They have now joined forces with the Miami Art Museum but I know that they hold events on the rooftop.  I know because we inquired.  I can't find their contact info right now, but try contacting the Miami Art Museum for information on the MAC building in Coral Gables.There's another art venue I'm missing but I can't find the emails in my inbox.  But you can probably  just look up galleries at Miami Art Exchange and call them up, see if they offer space for private events.http://www.miamiartexchange.com/maex_artblog/links/Otherwise, on the beach, there is also the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens.Hope that helps and welcome to the board!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can get married on the beach next to the Lowes South Beach. Then have dinner at Emerils in the Lowes... I looked into that and it is actually very reasonable. You can use one of their private rooms and they have menus for $65 pp
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might consider Pelican Grande Beach Hotel in Lauderdale, also The Rusty Pelican, Red Fish Grill, or maybe a beach wedding with a reception at the Shane Center on Miami Beach?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards