Florida-South Florida
Options

How to hang paper lanterns?

How do I hang something like this? http://misslaurie.weebly.com/uploads/3/0/9/1/3091010/4415546.jpgThey come in singles and I need to hang 5 or 6 of them.

Re: How to hang paper lanterns?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the ceiling.  You can either use thick ribbon or fishing wire?  If you're hanging them with bulbs, the bulbs are usually long enough for you to hang the lanterns by.What kind of ceiling does your ballroom use?  I wanted to hang these above the dancefloor, but the ceiling in that area is not tiled.  Not sure how to hang them without fixing them to the ceiling.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ana! Actually, these are for my friend's shower outside. I was thinking about hooking them to trees somehow. It's outside by her pool, not in a ballroom or anything. Any hope?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My BMs hung some at our place for the shower.  I don't know where they bought theirs from, but it came with a bow ribbon attached and they just placed the 3M removable hooks on the lower part of the ceiling/wall and hung them by part of the ribbon.If you're gonna hang them on trees, you could either use a ribbon and tie it to the inside metal frame and then to the tree or with a fishing wire.  It shouldn't be that difficult to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards