Florida-South Florida

BM help etiquette

I'm the MOH and there are 2 other BM. One BM can't make it to the shower/bach party.  The other one is helping me.Would it be tacky to ask the 3rd BM help in any way she can? I could really use the help since it's all on me, although I feel like she might think that I didn't accommodate her by rescheduling the shower. I could not fly in at any other time as I'm the only one out of state.

Re: BM help etiquette

• edited December 2011
    Why not, she is a bridesmaid.  You've got nothing to lose by asking.  Maybe you can start with, "Hi _____.  Will you able to help . . . blah blah blah."
  • tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who is throwing the shower/bachelorette? They should ask her if she'd be wiling to do xyz from a distance.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm the one throwing it
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, can't hurt to ask!
  • avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no not tacky at all.  I dont think it should ONLY be the MOH responsibility, the BM's should contribute too.  Its actually kind of tacky that the third BM didnt offer to help even though she couldnt make it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    definitely ask her. she should be willing to help, if not for you then for the bride.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely ask if she can help in anywhere, i mean she is a BM and thats her duty, even if she cant make it I dont see why she cant help out with something. It weird she has not even offered yet.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Last year I was the MOH for my cousin's wedding. Three family friends (including my mom) technically threw the shower, but the bridemaids were asked to help (both physically and financially). I could not be there b/c I already had an out-of-town wedding that I had committed to, so the main shower-thrower sent me an email asking if I would like to contribute financially. It was discrete, so no one else would have known if I was asked and saying yes or no which was appreciated even though I said yes. anyways. I would send her an email and ask if she is willing to help out at all. Go from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards