Florida-South Florida
Options

What'd I go to school for?

**Disclaimer: I'm an angry bugger**WTF did I spend four years in college for? No, really. Tell me. SOMEONE.Why did I waste thousands upon thousands of dollars at one of the top Universities in the US when I could've gone to Europe ten times over. Why did I waste all those hours of studying to graduate in the top 20% percent (out of like 10,000 students!) when I could have been partying and getting wasted? Why did I walk with honors to receive my BA in English only for the entire Journalism world to go to shiit 6 months after? How did I end up wasting my life at this company that refuses to allow a COLLEGE eduated employee go unnoticed? ONE job I'm looking into and I can't apply because I'm not a Sup? IT'S ADMIN PEOPLE. Oh, if hind sight was 20/20, I wouldn't have wasted my time in school.And vent over.::bows::I love you. Back to my underpaying job.
DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: What'd I go to school for?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How did I end up wasting my life at this company that refuses to allow a COLLEGE eduated employee go unnoticedExcuse my grammar;*that ALLOWS a college educated employee to go unnoticed*
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear ya Tess! I feel the same way, my job is such a joke and pays crap.  And you want to hear the best part?? I actually work AT the university where I got my degree!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im with you Tess! These companies are crazy! I have a college degree and Im doing customer service...Getting bitched at all day every day and for what? $11 damn bucks and hour! These companies suck and so does the economy! How can I be over qualified for jobs that pay more than this one?!?!? I get mad every time I go to pay a student loan! Lets revolt!
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry just realized I made my response all about me and offered no support! Hang in there! Something better will come along as soon as the economy recovers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hang in there Tess! Something better will come along for you!!! Good things happen to good people :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look at the bright side... eventually all of this will get better and then you will be able to tell them to stick it where the sun dont shine....HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It angers me so much. So so so much. Grrrr.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't find a job when we moved up here at first and I was working at the mall. I was miserable, but eventually I found my job now and I am so happy. Hang in there love!!!
  • Options
    citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree 10000%. the standards some companies have are ridiculous. they ignore amazing employees/candidates for the stupidest reasons. keep your head up -- either they will realize your fantastic-ness, or you'll find a new place that WILL. i love you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love you my honey pot. vent away. you're smart, talented, a hard-worker and hot. you'll get what you deserve, no doubt!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    rrive008rrive008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome to my world. they told me to get my education done first so that i have a greater advantage in my career. a B.A. and M.S. later.....no one wants me!!! the economy has a lot to do with it BUT some employers that are hiring are just ridiculous, including the government!! hopefully it gets better soon though....keep searching!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys. I just started to apply in Toronto. Joe's uncle will hopefully help me get a workers visa.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aww :( i'm sure something awesome will come along and make it all worth it. but i hate school so that's why i go to class to learn to bake cakes. lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your company has completely a8s backwards HR there. THey hire the worst people and pay crap. They are dumb and they should give you that darn job already. Jeez.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jaims, you know first hand. My app for that internship is still under consideration. A month later. No idea whats going on with it. No update. Nada ANother job came up, but I'm not quailied because I'm not a supervisor. Meanwhile, I meet the requirements above and beyond. They don't want me because they'll have to pay me. This company doesn't like people with degrees. That's what I'm starting to discover.
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't agree with you more!!!I feel the exact same way!!! I'm still working where I used to work before I graduated, because everything out there wants to pay me less than I make now!!! I've been trying to make the career move for months now. Sometimes I really feel I wasted all that time and money, but then again, you also did it for yourself.Hang in there, something amazing will come your way.
  • Options
    minerva0416minerva0416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hang in there Tess, I feel your frustation. I left a company that i worked for for 7 years becuase of the same reason.... Now im doing my own @!#$$#?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards