Florida-South Florida
Options

Save The Date

Hey girls..I'm debating if I should spend money on sending out Save The Date cards to our guests if most, if not all, of the people invited live where we are planning on having our wedding?  What do you think? Did you guys send any out? How much did it come out to, more or less? We have between 175 to 200 people invited. ;o/  That's alot!

Re: Save The Date

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In my case, we only have a few OOT guests, most of them are from Miami. I did send out STD's only because our wedding is on Mother's Day weekend and I wanted to remind the guests in case they were planning on leaving town or vacationing that weekend. They were actually very inexpensive since I made them myself. I had the design done by a vendor on Etsy.com and I printed them on photo paper. I then bought adhesive magnet sheets from ebay and just stuck them tougether and used a paper cutter to cut them to a good magnet size (PIB if you want to see how they came out). I made about 180 of them and I only spent roughly $55. If you're budget allows, I don't think its a bad idea to send them out, just to remind your guests of your wedding date if it's months from now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered 100 postcards off of vistaprint for $3.95 in shipping. It is up to you if you want to do them though. We have a lot of OOT guests so we needed to. Also, we put our wedding website on them so that people can get all the accomodation info and whatever they need to plan! Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Secret619Secret619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How funny, my wedding lands on Father's day weekend.  I actually hadn't thought about that.  People do go out of town!  I uploaded a picture here that I made on picnic.com but I don't know where it is.  I wish I could show you guys if I should just send that out because I would have liked to of used my engagement pictures but we haven't taken any yet and won't take any until January or February of next year. ;o/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If the day lands on Father's day weekend than I would do it, just in case. Of course they don't have to be anything crazy expensive but just something to remind you're guests. I wanted to use one of our engagement pics for the magnets but we're taking our pictures at the end of this month, so instead we just had my sisters boyfriend take pictures of us with his professional camera and they came out just fine. Maybe you can use a nice picture of you two from the past or have a friend take some pics of you guys @ the beach or somewhere nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's necessary unless you have a lot of OOT guests or if your wedding is on or around a major holiday or event. Otherwise, I think its' just totally up to you.But yeah, you can get cheap stuff through vista print if you want to do it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on where your guests are located. If most are coming in from out of town, I would definitely send them. If you don't want to pay a lot of money, you can make them yourself. Alot of girls on here used magnet street or vista print. I sent STD's because most of my guests are out of town. I wanted them to be able to plan ahead. I made mine myself with the help a coworker and they were less than $35.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Secret619Secret619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I think I am going to do them just because of the Fathers Day weekend thing.  I really didn't realize how inexpensive they are.  I thought they would come out to a lot more money.  I'm going to look into it.  Thanks :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I paid $140 for 70 magnet Save the dates and envelopes from here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/mpressdesigns Remember that even if you have 200 people invited, you don't necessarily need 200 save-the-dates. Didn't really think realize that until later. I chose to send most of them to Out of Towners.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards