Florida-South Florida
Options

Those of you with a step-father and Biological father

I just read something that I found very sweet and interesting for those of you who were undecided as to what father to walk you down the island. One knot bride had her step-father walk her 1/2 way down the aisle and her biological father was waiting half way to continue her to the alter. I thought that was nice if you want to incorporate both in the wedding. Just an FYI. =)
My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Those of you with a step-father and Biological father

• Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard that and think it's such a beautiful idea. Trying to think of ways to incorporate my step-mom.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's very sweet :)I'm walking with my Dad on one arm and my stepdad on the other.
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah it is, Andra hope you find something for your step-mom to do. Christina-that is a good idea too of having both walk you. =)
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    murrc2murrc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree, that sounds very sentimental and beautiful...
    image Cathy & Chris January 30, 2010 image Isabella and Olivia Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm either going to walk down with all 4 (Mom, Dad, Step Mom and Step Dad) or Dad and Step Dad. I'm undecided. I realize 4 people is a crap load, but I just don't want to leave anyone out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister had her dad walk her down the aisle then my dad was standing at the altar and they both lifted her veil, gave her a kiss and said "we do" when the preacher asked who gave her up or whatever he said..I dont remember. It worked perfectly!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im having my stepdad walk me down 1/2 way and then my dad will be waiting for the last half and will walk me down the rest of the way.  This way each of them get their own time down the aisle.
  • Options
    michy22michy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is good idea... I was going to have my real dad and my step dad walk together in front of me, but FI said it would look gay... so this works much better.Thanks for posting!
    Michelle & Julio
    ...4-24-10...
    Bio
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards