Florida-South Florida
Options

does anyone

... else get the urge to wear their wedding band? i'm dying here with mine sitting in the bottom drawer in my computer desk, in it's pretty little box, just asking me to wear it. and i'm SO far away, we just wanted to buy them early to get the cost out of the way. am i alone in this and just crazy?

Re: does anyone

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I do too!!!! Plus Fi is begging me to wear his. I am being strong though! You are not crazy at all. It is right there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No you are not crazy. I would want to wear mine too which is one reason we haven't bought them yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we should have waited, but i know in 3 months when we have them paid off i'll be glad! it's seriously calling to me though :) FI always wants to wear his too and i keep it in the box right next to mine lol.
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Tiffany, I won't buy mine yet because I would wear it all the time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DYING to wear mine!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    atleast i'm not alone :)
  • Options
    Secret619Secret619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI gave me a "promise ring" 2 Christmas's ago and I am planning on using it as my band and I wear it together with my ring all the time.  Sometimes by accident- just because I am always playing with my rings and I usually move it from hand to hand and leave it there by mistake and other times because I want to be trendy and wear another ring on my other hand.. lol I don't see anything wrong with it!  In my mind I'm already married- I found the one and knew it way before he proposed.  If you have the itch- I say go for it!  Weddings are just a celebration of what you already know- that you both are in love and committed to eachother.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you're right! i mean sometimes i feel like that, and on a practical side, my e-ring slides around a lot and turns and doesn't at all when i wear my other ring with it. but that's a really good point!!
  • Options
    Secret619Secret619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I mean, I guess some people are picky about it and that's ok too, but I have an emotional attachment to my "promise ring" or whatever so I just can't take it off and figure what the heck!  I guess the only down side is that before the wedding you'll have to get two rings cleaned instead of one.. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol i understand the emotional attachment. it makes sense! and cleaning two rings may be worth it ;)
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I had the urge way back when too . . . DH solved the problem by giving it to my parents to put in their safe . . . since I can never figure out how to open that thing, they didn't take it out until the day before the wedding.If you really don't want the temptation around, store it at the bank's safe or the safe of someone your trust.
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG yes!! FI's band arrived the other day, so of course I ran and got mine to try on...again, ha.
  • Options
    clovonneptclovonnept member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it sad that I try mine on ALL THE TIME?? We got ours from blue nile and when they were delivered I would try it on once a week. We had to exchange FI's for a smaller size, but when we had it one of us would suggest trying them on every couple of days LOL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol i try mine on for like, a second and then take it back off and put it back in it's box. i don't want to bring any bad tradition luck or whatever by wearing it early! ahh. i love it too much to let it sit in a drawer lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards