Florida-South Florida
Options

Need your 2 cents...

If you were a guest, would you rather have...And upgraded bar OR extra food at cocktail hour? My dad wants to upgrade the bar. My mom wants to add another coktail hour station. I think the bar since we have a good amount of food in cocktail hour already. FI says food b/c he doesnt drink a lot. Knotties - please be my tiebreaker. I have my cocktail hour listed in my bio so you can compare. Here is the booze difference:Premium BrandsAbsolut Vodka, Beefeater Gin, Bacardi Silver Rum, Captain Morgan Rum, Dewar’s Scotch, Seagram’s VO Whiskey, Jack Daniels Bourbon House Wine- Tunnel of Elms Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot, White Zinfandel Budweiser, Miller Light and Buckler (non-alcoholic beer)Heineken and Corona Top-Shelf BrandsKetel One or Grey Goose Vodka, Tanqueray Gin, Barcardi Silver Rum, Captain Morgan Rum, Johnnie Walker Black Label Scotch, Crown Royal Whiskey, Jim Beam BourbonTunnel of Elms Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot, White Zinfandel Budweiser, Miller Light and Buckler (non-alcoholic beer)Heineken and Corona THANK YOU SO MUCH LADIES!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need your 2 cents...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    PS - THE COST IS THE SAME so it's making it EXTRA hard to decide. thank you AGAIN!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So the premium brands is what you would be upgrading to?if so DEF the bar. I mean those are like necessities..LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a drinking crowd? I know were going with the bar bc our crowd can drink. If you dont, then I would go with the food. Sorry Im not help but I dont really know your group!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    joanne - we'd upgrate to top shelf, we currently have premium RU - We haveboth - we are italian and we can throw down in both the food and booze department which is why this is SOOOO hard for us
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on your crowd.  With my crowd I would definitely go with the Top Shelf bar, but if your crowd arent big drinkers then the cocktail hour food would be the way to go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are most of your guests liquior drinkers? If not go for the cocktail. I love me some good vodka and bourbon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Id go with the bar then. Once they start drinking they wont even pay attention to the food! lol I dont know but I think the bar is important more than anything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmm put yourself at your own wedding then. if you already have premium then extra food wouldn't hurt. I agree with pp that the crowd can determine this.People always love to try new foods you know? Or on another note alcohol makes me so hungry so I would choose food.
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok, I just checked out your appetizer menu in your Bio, looks like you have plenty of food, I would def. go with the bar.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    caleb0318caleb0318 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it were me, I'd go for the food. My expereience at weddings is that I tend to enjoy cocktail hour more than dinner usually. But if you were to ask my FI, he'd say the liquor! Lol He's all about top shelf!
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    def. the bar!! they will be getting food for dinner shortly after.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The lush in me says bring on the booze!! You are already have a crap load of food, give your family some extra libations!!!!!
  • Options
    rrive008rrive008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for us the upgraded bar is very important. we have a lot of drinkers and we are drinkers ourselves. You can definetely tell the difference between brands.
  • Options
    michy22michy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say go with the bar...   think about it your guest will never know you added an EXTRA station... however they will notice top brand liquor.
    Michelle & Julio
    ...4-24-10...
    Bio
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Upgrade the bar.  If you have too much food during the cocktail, will people be too full to eat dinner too?I don't drink much, but I'd prefer my guests enjoy top-shelf liquor over cocktail food if I know dinner is gonna be awesome. 
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you guys have plenty of food already. If it was like us, and were having ceremony after cocktail, I would say more food so less people booze it up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd go with the bar. The food for cocktail hour will only be for an hour but the bar will last all night long.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I choose the booze!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BAR. Hands down. that was todds one request for our wedding - premium bar. People appreciate that!
  • Options
    PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bar!
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would upgrade the bar... cheaper alcohol makes you feel sick! I think that people wont notice if you have extre extra food... as long as there is something. On the other hand, alcohol is totally noticeable. Just my .2 cents, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FOOD.FOOD.FOOD.
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't read the pp so i would be swayed one way or the other...but i can't wait to see how the knotties voted ;) I would prefer the extra food...there's nothing like a NY style cocktail hour in florida!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ::stumbling in::after 3 margaritas and some pad thai....I say go for the bar. I
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wait ... I misread. Anything that has to with reception and not cocktail hour. The cocktail hour is one hour. The reception is FOUR.
  • Options
    citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bar! you have so much food already, you don't want them to get over-stuffed before your yummy dinner!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say bar just for the Vodka alone!!!! Grey Goose all the way :) I had Top-Shelf at my wedding and it really helps with the party!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say bar. Drinking always loosens people up. You have a lot of yummy food already. They might not eat it all, but the bar will def. be taken advantage of.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mmmm BAR BAR BAR!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    murrc2murrc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote bar as well!!
    image Cathy & Chris January 30, 2010 image Isabella and Olivia Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards