Florida-South Florida
Options

Gifts?

Just wanted to know what you girls are doing for bridesmaid gifts? What bout the FI and his groomsmen?

Re: Gifts?

• Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of buying the girls personalized totes and fill them up with a bunch of things and have 1 thing in there different for each person (something sentimental or for them i know they would like). Also i was thinking of putting sandals and jewelry too in them for the day of the wedding. For FI I am going to do the b-pics and not sure if I should get him anything else yet or not, groomsmen-still looking around for them lol. IDK what to get them, cuff links I dont think they will care about, maybe a personalized mug or something who knows!
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridesmaids are getting a black satin Jessica McClintock clutch to wear on the day of the wedding. I bought the clutches on sale at Macy's (watch them, they go on sale often). They are also getting a sterling silver necklace and earrings set that I am making from supplies I bought on etsy (pics will be in my bio soon). My mom also bought the girls guayabera dresses.The groomsmen are getting sterling silver cufflinks from the Knot to wear with their tuxes (or the Knot claims they're sterling silver, they may just be steel or something) and a white linen guayabera.Right now the girls are getting too many things because my mom went crazy for the guayabera dresses and they can't be returned anymore ... I may leave it like this or I may try to find something else to give the guys.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if I'm really gonna do this or not.. but I like the idea of the customized bobble heads. You send in a picture of the person you want replicated... it's really cool but they're like $100 each.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh! on the bobblehead idea .. what about getting polymer clay figurines made of your entire wedding party and they get to keep their figurine later? It looks like it would be about $30 per person and I'm sure you could negotiate with the etsy seller:www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33923107I'm getting figurines of ourselves to be our cake toppers (although they are made by a different etsy seller and a bit more expensive: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32125486) so maybe this is why I like this so much :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dalie... really awesome idea. I have to keep that in mind!!
  • Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lynette - I haven't worked with the etsy seller who sells the couples for $55, but Nicole Clark did my friends' cake toppers and they were awesome. That's why I'm paying double and using her anyway. She was great to work with and they were very accurate. I ordered cake toppers as a present for my friends' wedding last year and I knew I had to have them for mine. Now I'm really liking the idea of ordering the entire wedding party as a figurine!! I can give them the figurines later but wouldn't it be cool to take pictures of all the figurines? :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I havent decided on the girls completely yet. For the guys we got them pilsner glasses with their names engraved from the knot. PIB if you want to see them!As for fi, I have no clue. I was thinking a nice watch because he doesnt have one but I dont know if he would wear it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dalie, yes! That would be a great picture!! I think I might do that. The person you ordered it from, is she on etsy?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh derrrr... I just saw your other link.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a spa day the day before the wedding and treating them to massages. I also got them a few other little things like sole mates for their shoes and cute totes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm gifting them hair and makeup and then I'm thinking about giving them clutches, or some kind of necklace but I"m not sure!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bluebook - those are so cute. I'm thinking about doing Juicy Velour Tracksuits, in each bridesmaid's favorite color. Something they can use after the wedding and on the wedding morning/noon. They are pricey, but I'm hoping to get them on sale. For the guys, FI is thinking about nice watches or nice cufflinks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards