Florida-South Florida
Options

Need Opinion-HM

So Fi and I found this cruise that we want to do for our honeymoon. It leaves out of Fort Lauderdale, goes to Cozumel, Panama and Costa Rica and its 500 pp. We really want to do it but were getting married the 10th and it doesnt leave until the 24th. Our families think were stupid for waiting 2 weeks. Do you think it makes a difference? TIA!

Re: Need Opinion-HM

• Options
    edited December 2011
    there is no rule about when you should go on a honeymoon - ALOT of girls on here are waiting.. i know im one of them. Alissa is too, im sure there are plenty more! Do whatever YOU want!
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it makes a difference as long as you get to go and enjoy your HM.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are waiting a few weeks too before our HM... While ideally it would be nice to go right off to a HM, I do think it will be great to have some down time post-wedding to prepare for the HM, esp if you are visiting somewhere you have never been. you can research things to do there etc without wedding stress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You guys should do as you please. Maybe have a mini-moon weekend and then have your HM with the cruise?I really don't think it makes a difference.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do not think there is a cardinal rule about when to leave for your HM. Alot of ladies are waiting to diff times of year for HM. You all can go whenever you like!!! Thats awesome you all found a great option:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ps - we plan to do a mini moon after the wedding possibly a local trip or stay in a hotel by the beach for a few nights :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think it makes the least bit of difference if you wait. Also, if you do wait, and you get the post wedding blues, you have the HM to look forward to!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't think it makes a difference. 500 pp is a good price to pay for an all-inclusive hm!!! i know a lot of knotties that don't go right away...I looooooove cruising ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we waited 4 months because we wanted to go on the cruise in the summer. it doesnt matter when you go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok thanks ladies! I am telling our families to go mind their business then. I love crusing and the thought of ziplining in Costa Rica makes me happy! Plus, we have alot of family coming in from Seattle. That will give us time to spend with them before they head home since we dont see them  often!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome, I'm glad your going for it. For that kind of price it can't be beat ;) YAY!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um, I came to offer my .2, but looks like everyone covered the basics so....what everyone else said!
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As long as you take one, who cares! If it's a great deal, go for it!!!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Many people wait. It will give you something to look forward to!GO FOR IT!
  • Options
    minerva0416minerva0416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also dont think it makes a different, I think you should go on that cruise,, maybe do like a mini Hm,,, around the area to a place that you haven't gone before...
  • Options
    rrive008rrive008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think you'll find that more and more couples are doing their honeymoons some time after the actual wedding. i dont think its a big deal at all. we might have to do ours a few months after, depending on work and stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are waiting 2 weeks until we go on our honeymoon.  I have exams the week after and graduation the week after that :-D
  • Options
    murrc2murrc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are waiting a week and a half b/c we want to watch the superbowl and there will be no electricty at our first stop...and I'm really glad we're doing it that way.  less stress and more time after the wedding to plan.  We're going to Costa Rica too and I can't wait to go ziplining!
    image Cathy & Chris January 30, 2010 image Isabella and Olivia Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you should do what you and your FI want. Its YOUR HM, you two need to be happy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you should do whatever accomodates YOUR situation. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks... if that is the HM you really want to go on, go for it! I know some people wait months before they can go on their HM. 2 weeks will fly by! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards