Florida-South Florida
Options

People are already RSVPing "no" to my wedding and invites havent even gone out yet!

WTF??2 people have called after receiving our STD to say they wont be able to make it to the wedding.One will be attending her brother's MBA graduation and the other has his step-daughter's 15's.So that's already 4 no's.  : (
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: People are already RSVPing "no" to my wedding and invites havent even gone out yet!

• Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awwwwww! sorry to hear that!on the bright side, you can save yourself an invite or maybe invite some from your b list ;)
  • Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeap, that happened to me as well. Someone booked his hotel immediately after we sent the STDs and then found out his parents bought him nonrefundable plane tickets for a big family vacation (this is 9 months before the wedding) that weekend. Another person is going home to China to celebrate Chinese New Year (which is my wedding weekend, I didn't know).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry!!It happened to me too last night! She hadn't even gotten her invite yet and told me it was too expensive to come down. WTF!Sorry again!!
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    babytec, FI said the same thing.  He was actually relieved since we are basing our whole budget on only having 100 guests but will be inviting 122. Still, those are 4 people that I REALLY wanted to be there.  oh well!
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bluebook & Sara, yeah it kinda sucks when people are so quick to be like "sorry cant make it"  grrr.  Even if they do have good excuses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awww... on a positive note, that's 4 more people you could possibly invite if you wanted to!
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that.  On the bright side you saved yourself some money.
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, we've gotten some no's. But they are our closest friends! Unfortunately 3 couples can't make it, two of them are due around our wedding and can't fly in (from Cali and Israel) and two are moving to Colorado and aren't sure if they will have the money to come back out here. Suuucks. I wish it were my father/FI's clients that I could care less about haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    minerva0416minerva0416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    damn their fast!!!  well you can invite others now
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never thought about that. It sucks that it's the guests that you really wanted to see.
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the other posts. Yeah its sad they can't make it but on the brightside either you can invite others or just know you saved some money because of them not being able to make it.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Girl that's less $$ for you to spend!!!! The same thing happened to me! Don't fret!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards