Florida-South Florida
Options

How many uplights did you book?

I'm wondering if I booked less than I should have

Re: How many uplights did you book?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could always add on. It really all depends on the space and the room. I think we planned on 12 but now I think we only need 10.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    our room holds 200 and we booked 25 lights
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have 80 guests and I think the room is large but not huge. I booked 10. What do you think?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many sq. feet? My room is small and I have 14....looks like I got swindled!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It says 2130 square feet - maximum capacity 230 people (I only have 80)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sara, what's the SQ Footage on your room?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure of the sqft of my room but when I was there for a bridal show I counted about 12 lights so I based it off of that. But Guerdy I think said 10 would probably be perfect.Sara, you might be able to take some of those out still...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1350 sq. feet
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think if you do a strong color it might go a long way - I am using amber which is lighter than say hot pink or bright blue so I think that's why I might need more? either that or I am getting ripped off hahaha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amber obviously goes with my scheme but I'm dying to use hot pink after looking at Vannessa photos over and over. So pretty!But yea, Alissa... I agree. Amber probably needs a bit more for the color to pop
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got 12 LED lights bc we wanted more of a spotlight effect than an allover color. He said if he had to add a couple more he wouldnt charge us, but he didnt say if we needed less he'd deduct lol! I'm sure your uplighting person wont leave you high and dry. If you have 10 in your contract and you end up need 13 you'll get them.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AlispidaliAlispidali member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our room holds 175 and we booked 20 lights. The ones that fade into different colors. I'm so excited :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm going to get 20. My "maybe" vendor has done weddings at PGA before and he knows the rooms pretty well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did 20 lights (in pink - ooh lala!!!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think Shannon told us he was putting 20 in the room. I might be wrong and it may only be 10 or 15, but I believe it is 20.
  • Options
    rclnd83rclnd83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the room, but we got 15.
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did 20 for the WC.
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think i am getting 12. and i also have  80...we might get more...not sure :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow...perhaps I over did it! I did 36 in the ballroom (14 each side, and two in each conclave, and 14 in the cocktail. Plus pinlights...lol! Yeah, the reception was held on the surface of the sun :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ursula- You didn't over do. Your room was perfection!!! We did 20 lights in my room. That's was Ubi recommended. Talk to whoever is doing your lighting they should be able to provide a recommendation!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tmmathetmmathe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sheet, ursula! Maybe I need more lights!  We're doing 22-25 LEDs in the Rotunda...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards