Options

I AM FUMING!!!!!!!!!

2»

Re: I AM FUMING!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Nydia82Nydia82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Give LA Sweets a try. They are located in Sunset Place in South Miami. Their prices are a lot more reasonable than Misha's and they have a much larger variety of flavors and designs.In the past couple of months I've used them for 2 birthdays and they were a huge hit! They do cakes and all size cupcakes. I'm also using them for our cupcake favors.The owners, Letty and her husband Eddie are the nicest people in the world! Super professional and very helpful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! :)Nydia, can you please email me real quick at christinarodriguez9898   at gmail  ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine from high school started a cake/cupcake business from her home when she lost her job. She just opened up a store near tropical park, which is not too far from kendall.  Her name is Melissa and her website is http://www.stellascupcakes.com.But I would also suggest Whole Foods and www.yummycakesandmore.com
  • Options
    Steph&ByronSteph&Byron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my friends bridal shower, I ordered 35 cupcakes at 9 o'clock the night before her shower and I picked them up at 10 the next morning. It is not short notice at all. I would totally go with publix
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am super late on this and you've probably already figured it out by now..but, you can try my baker, Edible Creations (954-433-3445). Lily is an absolute sweetheart and her cakes are AMAZING. Beautiful and tasty. So moist. But if it's too short notice, then I would definitely go with Publix. There are Publix bakeries everywhere and they have alot of staff, so no doubt you can order at one of the locations. When my friend was getting married a few years ago, I actually ordered her bridal shower cake and a few platters from them while I was living in NY. Picked up on the day of the shower with no problem. You should be fine =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aww Millenia, i'm so sorry this happened to you!  it's hard enough to plan from far away.....it looks like you're getting some good recs though.  everything will definitely work out!!!  I agree with pps about Publix.  They are super efficient and their cakes are delicious!  Definitely let us know how it turns out and good luck :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chris, it sounds like you have a ton of great recs but I'm soooo sorry this happened to you. How messed up. Esp for such a small order. Will you share who the vendor is so people can avoid her?As for Mischas, they screwed Alissa over for her shower so beware.I'm emailing you another rec just in case...
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late but WTF?! Who does that?? Sorry, I'm sure you don't need this added stress :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    read my review on michas please! also - check out sweet surrender in boynton - YUM!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DON'T DO MISHA's! They will screw you over. They did it to Alissa for her shower & my sister for her birthday. Their customer service is the WORST.I second Publix - you should have more than enough time.I have 2 cupcake recs, Christina. Are you friends with knotties on FB? I'll add you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Alissa :)I won't be using Misha's. I remember that now and would NOT be happy
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't have any recs but that suckssssssssss...hope it all works out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards