Florida-South Florida
Options

Ideas and Opinions on BM dresses

Okay so we all know women come in different shapes and sizes. Which led me to the decision of having my BM dresses made. All of my BM and MOH all 10, are very different shapes and sizes, so I want to have each girl with a different neckline and same the knee length or floor length dress. I am still undecided on chiffon or taffeta or silk dupion, since its a beach wedding. I like the idea of having the dresses made, so that I can get the exact turquoise and lemon yellow I want, and also make sure they match the guys ascots!Now knotties here's where you all come in:)I need at least four different pictures of different style necklines, that I can show the seamstress when I come to Miami next month. TIA

Re: Ideas and Opinions on BM dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    good idea - I like the chiffon or silk for the beach! def need something with straps for the bust gals, a vneck for girls with the tiny tatas haha - dessy.com has some great cuts for dresses - perhaps see if you find necklines you like there?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    love this!! I picked 4 different styles from Davids Bridal (see my bio under attire) for different styles!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Girl you still have 10 BM's!!! LOL How about letting them choose from sweetheart, halter, tube, spagetti strap, and one-shoulder.  Less stress on you and also some of of your "thickmadams" may prefer shawls.Here is a website with some necklines as well.http://www.weddingdresscreator.com/guide_to_wedding_necklines.phphttp://www.thefashionablehousewife.com/necklines-101/
    Mr. and Mrs. Jones est. 10/18/2008
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with maybe letting them pick what kind of a neckline they might like, or be most comfortable with?  Can't wait to see them!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is Matt's cousin Curtis' recent wedding. Check out her BM's dresses. All different neck lines. Gorgeous wedding too. (I'm kind of jealous!) http://sarahkchen.net/?p=701  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I will def look into all suggestions. Kawana & avmn- I am not letting them choose, the bigmadams want to choose the type for itty bitty girls, and the others dont want to cover the chest tattoos, so I will choose:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JAIME - THAT WEDDING - OMG - PERFECT?!?!? she's gorgeous, the whole thing looks like a movie. I'm so jealuos.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would say definitely choose them yourself if you don't think they will pick something to your liking or within your guidelines.  I think you should take one of the bigger girls and one of the smallest girls dress shopping with you. have them try on different necklines then provide the neckline you pick to the seamstress.  That way there is no chance that it may be unflattering for the range of girls you have.   hth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL! Okay.
    Mr. and Mrs. Jones est. 10/18/2008
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I was pretty jealous of the wedding. She's so gorgeous and it was so cute all the things they did. Hard to compete! (lol, joking it's not a competition)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    David's Bridal's website has a "build your bridal party" thingy, with mix and match tops and skirts. Maybe that'd help?Jaime, that wedding was too much. The bride is too pretty, too cute, THANKS FOR SHOWING LOL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow!! That wedding is beautiful. I'd love those dresses for my girls. *sigh*Do you know where those dresses are from?
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, seems as if everyone said all the different necklines haha. But I agree with the pp's with necklines, and for I would do knee length dresses since your getting married in the mid-summer. As for the style they all sound pretty and look nice, I wouldnt do something so heavy if its an out door wedding. HTH. GL
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    michy22michy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have an idea for you... there is a bridesmaid dress that you can tie in a million different ways. I think its around $200 which is expensive for a BM but maybe they can make something similar OR you can get some ideas from the website for necklines. http://www.twobirdsbridesmaid.com/ HTH
    Michelle & Julio
    ...4-24-10...
    Bio
    Photobucket
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this idea, that's actually what we are doing too...what about the styles from the jaibari website?
  • Options
    ayanapoohayanapooh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have nothing to add. The dresses that Jaime posted nailed it.  GL with choosing the styles!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards