Florida-South Florida
Options

I want to get married on 11/11/11 however they want to charge me 5,000 more is it worth it?

I really want to get married on 11/11/11 because it will be 11 years my fiance and i have been together that year. i thought it would be really cute to have the number 11 be the theme. However, i am getting married @ the Westin Colonnade in coral gables and they want to charge me and additional 5,000 because of the date. I honestly dont think anyone would pay so much for that date (at least i wont). 11/11/11 also falls on a friday! So my question is..... do you guys really think they will find someone to pay that and should i call every so often to see if they just give it to me? Wishful thinking huh?! LOL

Re: I want to get married on 11/11/11 however they want to charge me 5,000 more is it worth it?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    As much as I hate to say it, I definitely think someone will pay the 5K to have their wedding date 11/11/11. I think it's highway robbery and despicable that the hotel would be able to do this. I don't blame you for not wanting to pay 5K for nothing. NUTS!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i don't know anything about your venue, but i think that's ridiculous. i would probably let them think you're going to go with a different venue and see if they'd drop it down. If you aren't set on that venue, I'd probably go else where at that point, if they won't drop the price. GL
  • Options
    hbgirl1598hbgirl1598 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am actually down for 11/04/11. We figured we just be on our honeymoon on 11/11/11. I think i am going to start e-mailing the lady i signed the contract with and beg! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Sara. It's awful and ridiculous BUT I do think there are people out there that would pay to have that date. And b/c it means so much to you I can understand why it's so difficult to give it up. Perhaps you can negotiate with them to bring the 5 down to 3K and / or maybe make them give you additional stuff for that money? LIke more food at cocktail, maybe a few free rooms or suites or other things like that???From what I understand, the WC is a place that is VERY open to negotiations so definitely try! Can't hurt!Esp since it's a FRIDAY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awful that they're charging so much only for the date. Is the Colonnade you're venue of choice, or are you open to other places? Maybe you can visit diff venues and see what price fits best with your budget. It def is a cute idea with the "11" theme =) GL!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's my birthday!  Colonnade prices suck!  Remind them how the economy isn't getting any better
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's crazy that they're charging an additional $5k because of the date, but like some of the pp said, I'm sure they're are plenty of people out there that will pay for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely negotiate with them on that. I highly doubt any other venues are doing that...it might be worth it to call around and check. I guess the Colonnade just blew the whole it's cheaper on Friday's out of the water.
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the pp's. Crazy they wanna charge you for the date, but I would see if they can work something out for you. Good luck. If worse comes to worse at least you will still be on your HM then!
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the "11" theme but yea wow that's ridiculous! definately highway robbery!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the 11/11/11 thing, my only thing to suggest is is Veteran's day??? I only ask cause this year it was and therefore making that a holiday weekend... So they can get away with it then, unfortunately. hth
  • Options
    Secret619Secret619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if it is even legal to charge 5K more because of a date.  you should look into that.  that's abuse and it's ridiculous!  Are you set on the colonnade?  Would you consider booking somewhere else?
  • Options
    hbgirl1598hbgirl1598 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your advise girls. I will definitely call and see if we can work something out. Wish me luck.
  • Options
    Secret619Secret619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    good luck!! and remember, businesses are hurting right now.  negotiate negotiate negotiate! I am sure they will budge! ;)
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow insane.. Fridays are suppose to be cheaper. What people do take make a money... I defiantly think someone will pay the 5K for that date. I wish you the best!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awwwww - I love that - and it's the luckiest day ever!!!! I say go to other venues - you may find something you like better that won't charge $5000 for NOTHING! (other then a date? on a FRIDAY?? it should be cheaper!!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What do you mean the Colonnade is charging you 5k? They don't charge you for booking (I'm a Colonnade bride), they just make you have a particular minimum. If you're really set on that date, try to figure out what minimum you'll make by the number of guests you'll have (your wedding is so far away I would imagine you should add like 10% more guests you might end up inviting) and any upgrades you might want with them (food upgrades, coffee, signature cocktails, they charge extra for all that stuff in most packages). You might indeed end up paying 5k (tho definitely try to negotiate down) but those 5k might get you something like filet mignon for all your guests, and the date you want. GL, and keep us posted!
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a WC bride and they are charging you $5k more not because of the date, but because of the month.  They charge more for October-February weddings.
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow! that's ridiculous! but i think people will def. do it. I always wanted to get married 07.07.07 and if i were engaged then i would have paid the 5 k for that date...lol...i am crazy! GL babe ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards