Florida-South Florida
Options

My dress fitting deserves a wtf friday...

I am super disappointed  about my fitting. For starters we were on our way up there and my mom realized she forgot her dress, so we had to go back to her house..We finally arrive and as my mom is putting on shoes, I realize that she had 2 right foot shoes and they were different styles.... 

When I tried on my dress, it fit me perfect :( Only the bustle needed to be done...I bought my dress in January  and I bought 2 sizes bigger just in case and the fact that it fits means I gained weight....I have a waist but I am not happy with my arms.....Im just upset about the whole thing :(

I need to get my arms in shape and I have 6 weeks...Anyone have any advice??

South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!

Re: My dress fitting deserves a wtf friday...

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about your fitting Jen. Hopefully the next one will go a lot better. I am with you on the arm thing. My arms have gotten a little, let's say fuller over the years. I want to lose weight, but there's never enough time or energy. I figured what will be, will be. I didn't want to set a goal because it's one more thing to stress about. Plus at least the photog can make my arms look skinny in the photos. Feel better sweetie!
  • Options
    JudeG20JudeG20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sux that your fitting didn't go as planned, but 6 weeks is a great amount of time to get those arms fit and no matter if you get them to your liking I am sure you are going to look beautiful that day!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
  • Options
    HeathirddHeathirdd member
    edited December 2011
    OHhh Jen!! I am SO sorry you didn't have a good fitting. I left my last one in tears...well, tears after I completely bitched my mom out for no reason...all because I was just so dissapointed with what I looked like. In truth I looked fine, but not like the image I always had in my head. I always thought that I'd have the willpower to be in the best shape of my life for my wedding...so far thats been a no-go.

I have really been concentrating on working out my arms because of the wedding though and I've noticed a BIG difference in the last 3 weeks alone so I KNOW you can do it! I made a little decision that I would just condition myself that EVERY time I use the restroom (because at work you'd likely be alone for a few mins and at home its easy too) to do 15 dips...I use the windowsill or the couch at home...its completely changed the shape of my arms....and is now like a little promise I've made to myself, I never skip them because I just tell myself that if I skip them ONCE I'll do it again...and again..

I know its kind of silly, but its working for me :) I also now do 3 sets of 15 pushups when I'm at the gym which I never did before. 

xxHeather
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to say the SAME exact thing Heather did!  Mini work workouts. 

I try to do squats in the bathroom but also like Heather said ... I skipped and now its been over 200 bathroom visits skipped.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :( I'm sorry you're disappointed! I'm sure you looked beautiful today and will look beautiful on your wedding day too.

I'm working on my arms as well - It's the hardest area for me to get toned. I've tried two things - the 100 push up challenge (see website below), and Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I have not stuck with the push ups. It's so frustrating for me to even try! I feel so wimpy! But, it probably could work if you stuck with it! I also go on the "Getting in Shape" board. Someone JUST asked within the past day or so about how to get toned arms, so you can check out their suggestions.

hundredpushups.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry Jen try not to stress too much about it. Just think, your FI is gonna love you in your dress no matter what. I know it's hard, I have lots of problems with the way i look, but I just keep saying in my mind FI loves me just the way I am. But for yourself to be happy I would do what heather is doing. That sounds like an awesome idea :) good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SHAKE WEIGHT!!! LOL... sorry the fitting was crazy! 
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    plswitzeplswitze member
    edited December 2011
    Dont sweat it girl. It could be worse- the dress could NOT fit at all! I'm sure you look amazing, and your fiance surely thinks the same! If you have 6 weeks, you have time to make at least a noticable difference in your arms. I try to do "body sculpt" classes at my local ballys and I always notice a difference when I'm consistant.

Today I bought the iphone app "hundred pushups" and my FI and I are starting today!!! He's in for quite a surprise when he comes home!!

Best of luck, and just remember, in that dress you're going to look awesome no matter what!!! 
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards