Florida-South Florida
Options

Exhausted-- vent

I usually enjoy wedding planning. But lately i'm feeling defeated. It feels like I'm always one step behind with vendors and I'm spending more money than I realize at the moment. Like packages not including tax, I didn't realize  I had to ask that. I hate contracts and negotiating, when someone doesn't tell me something up front it feels like trickery.

Re: Exhausted-- vent

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would totally "like" this if I could!

I am having the same issue! Please tell me why a hotel would add tourism tax??? Plus tip, plus regular tax!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_exhausted-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:112829cc-d652-4fa0-a808-748d15fadcd4Post:df8a9381-93cb-4b8a-9e8b-9e3bbb1415ce">Exhausted-- vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I usually enjoy wedding planning. But lately i'm feeling defeated. It feels like I'm always one step behind with vendors and I'm spending more money than I realize at the moment. Like packages not including tax, I didn't realize  I had to ask that. I hate contracts and negotiating, when someone doesn't tell me something up front it feels like trickery.
    Posted by Krysta6[/QUOTE]

I hear you! I wanted my original budget to be 10K and before I knew it we have already spent 15K and were not even done :(......Hang in there, if you have any questions about playing hardball because that what it comes down to, we are all here to help. Fi and I have this system where we play good cop and bad cop, he is good cop and I am bad cop. Vendors dont usually expect the bride to be the hard one so it throws them for a loop... Try it :) see how it goes. HTH!
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Krista,

You're not alone.  I'm hoping, at the end, that it'll all be worth it :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol Jen, that would be funny to watch.
    Definitely agree about all the extra fees though, it does suck and adds on a LOT of extra expense. Don't get discouraged, just know that its the norm lol (not that it makes it any better)
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand where you are coming from ... I've gotten several packages and this is what I've noticed to "be the norm": 21% service charge and 7% tax.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear ya! I know everyone says it's worth it in the end, however, if I could do it all over again, I wouldn't plan a wedding. I would either just do the quickie court house wedding or run off to some island.
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I guess I thought after the venue that I could relax a little with the contracts and missed 2 details. Its only a $450 mistake but it really pisses me off and no one seems as concerned as me (planner or FI). I'll get over it...
  • Options
    fishinflagirlfishinflagirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the heads up when I get into my planning full force!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards