Florida-South Florida
Options

DJ Ubi's Music & Lighting

I have emailed him and called him twice in the span of a week and still have not heard anything back to know if he is available for my wedding date.  i get the feeling he's a one man show and doesn't have someone to listen to hismessages or read his emails and respond bak to potential clients.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I really wanted to use him because of all the great reviews I've heard and read about but this is turning me off.
Photobucket

Re: DJ Ubi's Music & Lighting

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Ubi! I know for a fact he has more than one person working for him. I called him and left a message, he called me back, then emailed me my quote. Gl in your DJ search, I know the girls rec Liquid DJ's also.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He's awesome.  It's been a while since I signed my contract with him, but communication by email and phone wasn't a problem. Here is the contact info I have for him...

ubismusic@bellsouth.net
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow, that's weird.  I've called that number twice and emailed him at the email address once. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you tried visions djs? alot of girls on here use them as well. GL with getting in contact with Ubi
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im using ubi and i havent had a problem. he takes a few days to get back to emails but thats all
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Email is the best way to get in touch with him.  I have found him hard to reach from Wed-Sun because he is working on other events.  Mondays are the best day to reach him by phone.  If you go on the website, you can also request his availability for your date.  He has multiple DJs so I imagine that he will be available.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i emailed him once too and never heard back. i met with vision dj's and their lighting seemed like it was cheap and they didn't have good examples of their work. then i met with shannon from liquid djs and he's super awesome!!! that's who we booked!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    He called me back and was super nice.  My FI and I are meeting him on wednesday.  Thanks girls...I spoke too soon!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm using ubi too. he takes up to a day or two to reply to his emails.  He has a team of about 5 or 6 guys that work for him but he definitely does all the scheduling and contact himself.  I've also spoken with him on the phone and he's responded well that way too.  i know he's definitely booked in late january already (if that even matters to you -lol- i didn't check your date... sorry!). honestly, he's so awesome... i initially was going to get a friend who used to be one of the most awesome dj's on south beach to dj for me, but then i decided to go with ubi based on the reviews from so many of my family and friends.  and he dj'ed one of my bm's wedding just 2 weeks ago and he was out of control amazing.  and his lighting is very impressive and definitely gives a "wow" factor.  GL !!!
  • Options
    meli1134meli1134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using UBI and didn't have a problem getting in touch and him calling us back.
  • Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im using Ubi and i couldnt be happier with his service. I will tell you this though, the best time to get a hold of him is Monday-Thursday because he is usually doing events all weekends. GL! He is a great DJ and really knows how to keep the party going! =)
  • Options
    henrygomes24henrygomes24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try calling Freddy from danceallnightdjs.com he answered my calls everytime I called and has some great prices.
  • Options
    marienfeldmarienfeld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just talked with Ubi, and he answered the phone right away.  He sounded a bit tired, which made me wonder if we would be a fun, energetic DJ.  Not that I want the DJ talking the whole time - it's my wedding, after all.  However, what makes him such a good DJ?  His music choice, ability to get the crowd going, or what?  Just curious!

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards