Florida-South Florida
Options

BM DRESS DRAMA

This drama alone makes me want to just return everything and cancel the wedding. I cant win. I was trying to give my girls a choice on what to wear. I gave them Color and Cocktail lenght. This didnt work. Then I said we could do separates, which I didnt like but I figured that everyone would be able to find something. Well this didnt work either. One girl tried them on and it was worse than I could have even imagened. My Mom and my FI think that I shouldnt cater to this one bridesmaid who is being difficult. But I really didnt want to be like this is what you are gonna and your gonna like it.. but I guess this is what I am going to have to do? I guess being the nice bride is not going to work for this..

Re: BM DRESS DRAMA

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like you are going to have to say something. You are being more than nice. I would just talk to them and explain this is what you want. If they cant handle it then maybe they should reconsider being in your wedding. You can only be oh so nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. If they can't choose, then you choose. It's to your advantage because you can choose the dress that goes best with your wedding style. Then tell her, of course in a nice but firm way, that if she's not comfortable wearing what you choose, then she doesn't have to feel obligated to be a bridesmaid.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my suggestions is just to pick what they will wear and let them know..ive been a bm enough times to know that letting the bms pick doesnt work... GL hun....
  • Options
    RachAisleRachAisle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For what it's worth, I picked http://www.cocomyles.com where I picked the color & general length, and they've been ordering from a set of custom dress options (for a decent price too).

Not sure if that helps. I say dictate color & give a set of styles from a particular store or website and be done with it. You've got too much to worry about to spend tons of time on this when you're already trying to be as accomodating as you can. But I understand; my wedding has been chock full of drama in it's own way and we almost bailed a week or so ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards