Florida-South Florida
Options

Honeymoons?

Where are you guys going on your honeymoons??
This has got to be the worst part of planning..FI keeps changing his mind and so do I!!! He wants to go to Hawaii (after the fact we settled on San Francisco). Now he doesn't want to do a city..
How did you guys decide?
What are you guys looking to do on your honeymoon? relax? adventure? beach?

Re: Honeymoons?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Maui, for 6 days 5 nights. Its a surprise to FI, his only request is relaxation and beach!!! I wanted to do something outside of the caribbean as we are going during Labor Day, and I didnt want to take the Hurricane chance.
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We are spending 10 days in Aruba!  some days relaxing on the beach..some exploring the island...little of both!  My FI didn't really care too much...he just wanted beach and relaxing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why don't you have the best of both worlds :)
    Our plans are to fly into San Fran stay there 2-3 days and then make our way to Hawaii.
    HTH
    -Cristi
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Park City, Utah (in November).  Since we're beach bums and we've done cruises.  We wanted different scenery.  So we got snow, mountains and a cabin.  We wanted relaxation and to be able to adventure out.

Cristi is right though, you guys could go to San Fran and then to Hawaii.

This should be (besides actually getting married) the best part of planning not the worst!!  ;) We booked our HM 3 weeks before the wedding.  So take your time and figure out what you really want to do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i wanted to do that!! - fly to san fran before hawaii.. it came out a little more expensive than i bargained for on expedia.. but i will keep researching!
    i'm so indecisive lol. he just wants to go to hawaii just to say he went lol. but i don't want to be selfish. maybe we can come to an agreement ! ;p
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are not doing a HM we wont have time b/c we are moving two weeks after the wedding and we dont have the $$ but we wanted to do a mediterrean cruise. We love cruises and have always wanted to go there.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :(

lol. Well... we wanted to go to Italy (Rome-Venice-Florence) or France (Paris-Versailles). I don't know how our finaces will be by then, though :\
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to the bahamas for a few days. He is from jamaica so I know he misses it there :( We cant afford to go to jamaica so we decided on bahamas since we went once and he had such a freaking great time.. Me not so much I was 8 months pregnant at the time.. So I need a redo lol... I cant wait plus its budget friendly and we have to do what we can afford...but if we decide elsewhere then it will have to be the keys I love it there !! :))
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to Couples Negril in Jamaica - it was AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!  A dream and really affordable!!!!!!

But it a lot of laying around on a beach, eating and drinking!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    shanfitzshanfitz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Vegas and then Maui!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i love the beach dont get me wrong but we live so close to it and its so accessible that is like ehhh..
    im very artsy and a bit of a history buff so i like cities with museums and architecture and all that fun stuff ..FI likes the beach idea better though..i want to be nice..just this once lol ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well you can find out about the museum stuff and history in Hawaii...Im sure there is more then beaches to do...you can have your beach time for  him and have your "city stuff" for you :)

http://gohawaii.about.com/od/hawaiimuseums/Hawaii_Museums.htm
     U can also do like volcano tours and stuff like that which could be really great.. I like to see history and culture things myself so I know what u mean.. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to the Greek Isles. FI really wanted to go here, and I agreed it would be amazing! We haven't picked the venue yet but atleast we've decided on something already! lol

Jennius:  My FI and I just went on a vacation last year to the places you want to go to. We got a good price through costcotravel.com Check them out, they have packages to visit all sorts of places. We had a good experience with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're going to be going to europe for two weeks... venice, capri, santorini, maybe mykonos, and possibly the turkish coast (which is beautiful!) 

I am soooo excited!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DEE !!!! 

Where are you staying in Aruba.. We've been thinking about going there. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a Mediterranean cruise. 12 nights Barcelona, Rome, Athens, Turkey, Egypt, Malta.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards