Florida-South Florida
Options

Having serious 2nd thoughts about photographer... Help :(

Ok.. so I sorta jumped the gun and booked with studioblue.com. I've read the good and the bad and I did it anyways.... but now I'm getting really anxious and I can't get it out of my head :(
I viewed pics that they've done here in FL and they're not bad at all... but they're not super great either. 

I'm also really nervous because I'm getting married at Madonna's old mansion, which is stunning! And I really want a photographer that can capture the beauty of our wedding as well as this location. It really sucks having such a great place, and not being able to afford someone who can capture it all.

If I can find a really good photographer around the same price, i'll switch in a second. No questions asked. 

So here's where I REALLY need your help ladies...

With Studio Blue I'm paying a total of: $1,840.18 (including all taxes & fees)
Which Includes: 7 Hours of photo
Free 1hour e-session 
Their 9x12 Modern Album

Know anyone good charging around the same?

Re: Having serious 2nd thoughts about photographer... Help :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I understand your predicament. I did the same exact thing and switched my photog twice! I wound up with Ryan Merrill http://www.wedding.photographysouthflorida.com/ and I couldnt be happier.
    There a lot of other photos but infortunatley, I dont know there prices. GL
  • Options
    odiloveslegosodiloveslegos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tina Bass was pretty good when I booked her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I understand where you're coming from and that's why I switched photographers too. I'm with Gregory Paul right now and while I think he is worth every penny, I have other recs for you, too: Ashley with 13:13 photography. Google her, she's great!
  • Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls. I have all the ones you listed bookmarked and I will research tomorrow :)

Sweet dreams!
  • Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS. Odalys.....  :) Hi!

I noticed Tina Bass is in Tampa. Do you know if she charges extra to come down to south FL?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographer Amber Photography World is priced under that. We are doing our epics this weekend but she's an absolute sweetheart and has helped me with other aspects of the wedding. Here is the link to her blog:

http://amberphotographyworld.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey hun,
    I think everyone goes through second guessing their photographer because we feel it's the most important vendor. From experience, my photographer actually exceeded my expectations and I am sure yours will do the same. Talk to them and tell them the type of pictures you want (photo journalistic type or traditional). Also, maybe make a list of the must have pictures you want. HTH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally know how  you feel, I had been having second thoughts on my photog for a very long time and finally 2 weeks ago I just went ahead and booked someone else.  It was stressful finding someone that was availalbe on my date since I was only one month out but I found a photographer that I feel comfortable with and I have faith that he will give me beautiful pictures of our day.

Photos are the only thing you have left after the whole thing is over so you should be 100% happy with the vendor you choose.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards