Florida-South Florida
Options

My sister (MOH) is going to be the death of me.

Of 8 bridesmaids, she is the only one who suddenly has an issue with her bridesmaid dress: it "makes her legs look short"... give me a break!! I have short girls, tall girls, thin girls, curvy girls and no one else has a problem with it but her. (she has been hell bent on this idea that the MOH should look very different from everyone else, despite the fact that everyone will already know she is the MOH)....  

and now, SHE (who decided that NYC would be a great place for my bachelorette party b/c we have a bm who lives there so we can stay for free) is complainging about money and claiming she didnt realize that you get the bride gifts (aka bridal lingerie and what not... DOESN'T EVERYBODY KNOW THIS?? I HAVE DONE THAT FOR LIKE 4 WEDDINGS!) for the party. So she starts complaining to my mom and my mom calls me saying "you know I've never heard of getting gifts for the bride for the bachelorette party, and its a lot to ask her since in NYC and going to be so expensive anyways..." like I had ASKED for gifts!!! Not to mention my Mom dared to throw in "it's a really stressful time for her b/c she doesn't have a lot of money AND b/c of her wedding..." (my sister who is 2 yrs younger got engaged and decided she is now getting married in October... 6 months after me.) So basically now that she has chosen her wedding date, she feels that she is being inconvenienced by me, although she made all these decisions on her own. 

I wish we were 6 again, I would totally rip off her Barbie's head. :-x

*My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My sister (MOH) is going to be the death of me.

• Options
    lol... Sorry I am laughing at the barbie head comment.  maybe you should ask her if she really wants to be your MOH. Since she has so much going on. remind her that it will be her turn soon to be a bride and she should be a little more understanding. I am sorry this is happening to you. especially so close to wedding. Yesterday my sister also tried to make changes to her dress, but I stood my ground and told her that this was my wedding and when it is her turn I will wear whatever she wants me too.  In regards to the gift i say don't worry I am sure the other girls attending will get you something nice. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
  • Options
    I would help you T-P her barbie house!

I agree with PP in regards to the dress.  Other than that ... if she can't afford a gift then don't get a gift!  She shouldn't start issues with your mom b/c she can't afford a gift.

It will pass!      wooo---saaahhhh
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LOL, sorry but the barbie comment had me laughing as well. Now I wish I was 6 again too!
    My sis and my FI had a huge fight over New Year's eve and we're getting married in March, so lets just say that grass looks greener on your side.....
    Good luck! Sisters are such a pain!
  • Options

I've been in the same boat as you - my sister is my MOH and she is the total opposite from me plus add in the fact that she's never been in a wedding before. I've been having to baby her the whole way (which is fine) but then she judges me for some of the things I'm doing / including on my wedding day. All I hear is "why are you doing that?" "I've never heard of someone doing that before", "why are you getting upset about being late to your appointment, it's not that big of a deal". GRuh!! This is what I hear everytime I include her, so guess what, I've stopped including her on a lot of the things I'm doing cause it just adds more stress and I dont really think she wants to be too involved which is fine. I'm a perfectionist anyways so I'd rather just do everything myself.

Anyways, I have no advice, just stick with it and good luck. It's your wedding so do what you want and try and enjoy every step. Wink

*February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Tell you sister that you are not expecting gifts for your b-party and that you would rather have her there that get a gift. Personally I haven't really heard of giving gifts at a b-party.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Lol to the Barbie comment!! In all seriousness, I'm so sorry! Sometimes I wonder about family members... Hang in there and just be the bigger person!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Love the Barbie remark!!! I'd talk with her first ... She made all these ideas an plans she needs to back them ... As far as the dress your the bride your choice not hers ... She can do her wedding how she wants
  • Options
    thanks for listening to me and my little freakout ladies. in updated news we talked on the phone today for an hour and everything is all good. turns out my mom was turning everything into a way bigger deal than it was.... all is good in sister world LOL.  I realized I sounded selfish about the whole gift dilemma... I didn't mean I expected gifts I just meant that it being turned into a way bigger deal than it was was killing me haha... sorry about that. 

@pamela- yes my sis and I are polar opposites too, and she also has never been in a wedding, but besides this little hiccup she's been doing a really good job.
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My sister is my MOH as well and has decided she's not talking part in ANY of her duties :)

No bachelorette, no shower for me! Thanks, sis! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aw man, sorry you had to go through that but I'm glad you two talked and now everything is better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards