Florida-South Florida
Options

Vendor Reviews

Hi Everyone,

I have never posted before, but since I used other people's reviews, I wanted to contribute!

Florist, Dalsimer A++

I worked with Lane, who was great and responsive to email.  I gave him a general idea of what I wanted and he gave me that and so much more.  My bouquet was exactly like the picture I gave him and the centerpieces and chuppah were gorgeous! 

Venue, The Westin Fort Lauderdale, A++

I initially chose this venue based on the fact that it was in my budget, the ballroom was newly renovated, and the catering  manager Pat McCarthy seemed really on top of her game.  In the end, the site ended up exceeding my expectations!  I had the ceremony by the pool area and with the help of my florist it ended up being so beautiful!  Best of all, everything ran seemlessly, the food was hot and the courses were delivered quickly.  The block room rate was also very affordable for my guests and the rooms were SO NICE. 

Band, Jerry Wayne Private Party Band, A++

They were great! Everyone was up and on the dance floor through the whole party.  They also accommodated all of our special requests and were very email responsive. 

Cake, Susie's Scrumtious Sweets, A+

This company came with our hotel package.  We upgraded for another $300 to one of her premium cakes and it was AMAZING.  yummy

Wedding Planner, Firefly event design, A+

We hired Dawn Yap for the “day of services” package basically to manage all the day of coordination.  With this package, she also helped us several weeks leading up to the event.  It was expensive, but the peace of mind was well worth the money and she was an absolute pleasure to work with!

Rabbi David Degani, A+

Such a sweet man!  He was willing to accommodate us in our request to omit certain Jewish tradition my husband was not comfortable with.  He also helped us coordinate our own vows to each other.  We hadn’t initially planned on having singing in the ceremony by his wife Cantor Lee, but it all turned our very nice.  Also, he was VERY responsive to emails, which was nice when questions came up. 

Photographer, Alexi Shields of Palm Beach Wedding Photography, A+

I searched for a long time for the photographer whose pictures I liked the most, and Alexi’s really stood out.  She is a true artist and does very cool effects.  The day of, Alexi and her husband were absolutely wonderful.  She did an amazing job at getting the shots I asked for.  No one noticed her during the ceremony.  My engagement photos that she took were also very cute and she really made us feel comfortable.  I can’t wait to see the pictures! 

Videography, Brian K Video Production, A+

I only got to meet Tatiana for a minute in person, but she was so great with email/customer service all the way up to the event.   So nice and completely unobtrusive!  ALSO SHE IS AN AMAZING DEAL for HD, microphone.  Check this one out if you are on a budget!

Makeup, Kristin Garcia, works with In Sync Hair and Bodyworks in Fort Lauderdale,  A+

AWESOME makeup.  The trial was very affordable and I was amazed when I showed her some pictures I liked and she was able to recreate each and help me decide.  She was also really nice and fun to work with.  Very professional.    

Hair, Bill Pope, In Sync Hair and Bodyworks I Fort Lauderdale, A

Bill recreated EXACTLY the picture I gave him!  I was thrilled with the result! The only slight negatives is that we had some confusion about the timing which fortunately was resolved before the big day and the hair trial was a bit expensive. 

Ceremony musicians, Master Musicians - B-

I hired this company based on many positive reviews I read online.  I expressed repeated concerns to them that all of my ceremony music was special request and I wanted to make sure the musician playing my event was comfortable with the music.  The overall customer service I got surrounding this issue was mediocre (When I talked to the owner she was very nice, but I was told the musician was going to call me, then he didn’t…).   All of the processional music sounded great but the recessional was wrong.  They must have had sheet music of a song with the same name by a different artist even though I specified the artist multiple times (PS: not obscure)  They also just didn’t play the other recessional song.  Honestly, this didn’t bother me at all the day of because the bulk of what was played was correct, and I was way too happy to be all that concerned, however, it is worth letting people know that this company did not deliver.   There was also an odd pause at the end of the ceremony that I didn’t notice but multiple people pointed out to me after the fact because the pianist was not paying attention.  On a positive note, they provided us with an excellent sound system which was very important given the venue was near the highway and they really delivered in that respect.  Also, the songs that were correct sounded great.  This company would probably still be solid for someone who wants standard wedding songs. 

Re: Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards