Florida-South Florida
Options

First Look at Dress Tomorrow.. Help!

Hi Girls!

My wedding isn't until 2012 but I already made an appointment to start looking at dresses (things are going to pick up for me in school and I won't have time in the Spring). I already told them I wasn't buying tomorrow, just getting an idea of what I liked, what looked good on me, prices, etc.

So, I know I need to bring my strapless bra and my camera with me (helped out a lot when I went dress shopping with my cousins-- we wanted to make sure the dress looked good in pictures!).. but, is there anything else?

Thanks!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: First Look at Dress Tomorrow.. Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    just an FYI - some dress shops don't allow you to take photos due to the "designer" Good luck in your search! and make sure you bring a water bottle and drink lots of water. The dresses can get heavy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore Spanx, LOL. 
  • Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i wore cute underwear (kinda like little tiny boy shorts), but not a thong, just out of respect of showing my buttock to the sales associates and my nephew who joined us in the search, lol.

And yes, some dont let you take pics so you need to be discreet. Also, some wont even tell you the model style, so you might have to do some digging when they are not with you. The reason for this is because you can sometimes get the same dress in another store for less.

When you know the designer and model #, i would recommend calling Pearls Place and RK Bridal  to see if you can get it cheaper.  GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My advice would be to try not telling them that you will not be buying...you wont get the same service. I know from experience. Lol. I started planning 2 years out as well and I was so excited, I started to try on dresses right away. I didnt make any decisions right away - i just wanted to see what I liked but when I went 7 months ago to look for dresses, I got MUCH better reactions when I told them my wedding date was in 8 months. 
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yup, don't wear a thong, it may be awkward. And honestly, I wore a strapless bra too but out of the 8 or 9 places I went to, each one told me to take my bra off and only 1 gave me a corset to wear. Most didn't let me take pics (try to sneak them in if you can because if you try on a lot of dresses, it gets hard to remember which ones you liked.)

But most of all... Have Fun!
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I only went to 2 places, but I didn't bring ANYTHING either time (and I wore a thong both times), and it worked out okay. They gave me undergarments. I did feel a little silly in my thong. Also, on some of the dresses the print on my thong showed through, so I'd suggest nude underwear!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest maybe bringing a pair of shoes the same height that you think you'll wear.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!!

You're alll a big help! I'm excited to go today! :)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards