Florida-South Florida

Vendor Reviews!

Overall, it was an amazing day! Things did go wrong (mainly my flowers!) but I was so happy the day of that it really didn’t bother me! My hope is that each of you has as amazing of a wedding day as I did. And believe it or not, the details really don’t matter (I totally thought this was a big lie everyone told me to try to calm me down!). Here are my reviews:

Photography: Captured Events, Jenny Schartner

A+++++++: I cannot rave about Jenny and her assistant Shelly enough! Honestly, they were so sweet and easy to work with. They were there with us from the beginning to the end of the day and I already have a lot of photos posted online for everyone to see. They are so beautiful and I can’t believe some of the moments they were able to capture for us! I knew for 3 years that I wanted Jenny for my photographer and was willing to pay anything! She is worth every penny! She put up with our crazy families and has a great style about her photography. I would recommend her to anyone!

Cinematography: MXI Studios, Kenny

A: Our wedding trailer is amazing and I am so impressed with his work! He was very reasonably priced compared to other vendors, which is the only reason I went with him (since I was thinking about skipping video entirely). It was a little weird though because he had us recreate getting ready at our reception so he could get it on film (he wasn’t there for that part because I didn’t want to pay extra) and had us like fake giggling and looking in the mirror. Strange but I guess it turned out ok! I was also a little annoyed because he set up his camera right behind us on the aisle of the church, limiting our photographer’s ability to get pics during the ceremony. I’m happy with the end result though J

Flowers: Heaven & Earth Florals

C: My bouquet was EXACTLY what I wanted (peonies and calla lilies), my flower girl pomanders were beautiful, boutonnieres were great and the centerpieces were also beautiful (submerged orchids). BUT when my flowers were delivered the BM flowers were WRONG. I ordered a replica of my bouquet but white and smaller. What did they deliver? A bouquet of all calla lilies. Don’t get me wrong, they were beautiful, but they weren’t what I wanted! My MOH (God bless her, she took charge and started giving him an earful on the phone) talked to him and he claims that he put on the contract that if white peonies weren’t available, he would do all calla’s. I would never have agreed to this and it was not on the contract. I have yet to call him- I’m over the wedding stress. At least I got my peonies, even if the girls didn’t.

Reception: Benvenuto, Boynton Beach

B+: For anyone working with this venue, you know Marija, the coordinator, is really sweet but not the most organized person in the world. It seemed like she would say yes to anything, but not write it down and then we would have to remind her later. There was a fiasco with Benvenuto storing the cake for us a few days before the wedding which my baker discussed with her over the phone. When the cake was delivered, Marija was extremely rude to her and said she never agreed to it. Long story short, we got it worked out, but it was just another example of how on-top of her Benvenuto brides need to be. That being said, our reception was PHENOMENAL. Every guest was raving about the food, from cocktail hour to dinner. The drinks were readily available and there was never a huge line at the bar. The reception coordinator, Richard, kept everything on track for us and was really attentive. The atmosphere was so great and everyone (with the exception of one server who was rude to my mother) was really nice.

Cake: Cakes by Suzelle, Palm Beach Gardens

A+++++++: I have to post pictures of the grooms cake for you guys- it was amazing! She replicated my hubby’s fire fighter helmet and he almost died when I surprised him with it at our rehearsal dinner! No one could believe it was a cake! And the peanut butter & chocolate flavoring was soooooo good! Our wedding cake was so beautiful as well and was so delicious! (Chocolate w/chocolate mousse) I unfortunately got too caught up to eat more than just a bite of it when hubby fed it to me though L  And her prices are ridiculously affordable!

BM Dresses: Alfred Angelo

D-: Ladies, please avoid this store if at all possible. I have posted issues I had with them during wedding planning and was so disappointed with the issues we had with the BM dresses the day of! To start, the dresses were beautiful but totally non-functional. They were corset style and had panels in the back to prevent skin from showing through. The panels did NOT stay in place at all! We all had to keep adjusting everyone’s dresses. To make it worse, the dress bunched around the waist for some reason and wouldn’t lay flat, no matter how we tried to adjust the corset. So needless to say, I am extremely unhappy with the dresses L 

Makeup: Lashful, Heather

A+++++: She did a great job on my makeup and on the girls! She is super sweet, was on time and got everyone done with plenty of time to spare!

Church: St Juliana’s Catholic Church, West Palm Beach

If anyone is getting married here, please PM me so I can warn you about some issues we had with the organist!

Re: Vendor Reviews!

• herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooops, forgot the DJ:

DJ: Diamond DJ's, Charlie
    B: Ok, so I can't totally blame him for some of the stuff I was upset about because my freaking BIL got him drunk. He should have refused the drinks but BIL is a major peer pressurer so I'll cut him a little slack. Our dance floor was full ALL night and everyone had a great time. He coordinated music for our cocktail hour, which was in another area of the reception venue and it was great. I was really upset though because he interrupted our first dance to ask the bridal party and parents to join us on the floor. Um hello! That was OUR moment! Other than that, he was ok. He definitely got our guests up, moving and involved in the partying.
  • edited December 2011
    your photos and video are STUNNING! Glad almost everything went perfectly!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thank you for great reviews!!! I had the same problem at the wedding "flowers situation", LOL

LOVED your photos!!! Congrats
  • JPatootieJPatootie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the all the reviews and your pics were gorgeous!! Thanks for the heads-up on Benvenuto, since this is my venue also. Definitely makes me 100% sure I have a DOC to settle things like this. Also, sending you a PM now about St. Juliana! So happy you had a wonderful wedding despite the little mishaps--Congrats!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! Thanks Which AA did you go to for BM dresses?
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you so much for the reviews! I'm glad things went smoothly (minus the flowers!).

I too would like to know which Alfred Angelo's you went to so I can avoid them! Thanks!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • joye1218joye1218 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Benvenuto bride (April 16th) so thank for the heads-up! I'm glad you had a wonderful day! Do you have any pics up yet? I'd love to see how you decorated and get any last minute ideas!

Oh, I'm also using Heather and LOVE her :) Who did your hair??

TIA

Joy
  • anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad everything turned out great & thanks for the reviews.
    Kenny mentioned the pretend getting ready to me as well and says people do it all the time so it turns out great. I'm a terrrible actress so I don't see how that will go well at all lol but I guess we'll see.
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Glad you had such a great time, thanks for the reviews!
  • sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the reviews!
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reviews. Happy to hear you had an amazing day despite a few hiccups. Congrats. again!
  • herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We went to the AA in Boynton. I haven't been to any others but definitely wouldn't recommend going to this store and would be wary of corset styles! A family friend did my hair (she doesn't usually go to the bridal party to have it done, but she did so for me).

Joy, we didn't do much for decorating the space at Benvenuto. You can check out the pics that have been posted so far to see if you can get any ideas though:
    http://www.youreventscaptured.com/blog

Happy planning ladies :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards