Florida-South Florida
Options

Weird and a bit annoyed

Ladies,

I have a co-worker that when we started working together last year was the anti-bride.  She hated weddings and wanted to elope to Vegas or just go to the courthouse.  As time has progressed, two of our co-workers have gotten married, I've planned my wedding, and another co-worker brought her wedding pics in.  Her story has changed from the Vegas/courthouse wedding to a church wedding, to a botanical garden wedding to a dream wedding to a wedding is a waste of money.

Well, this morning I hear her whispering to another co-worker who wants to do fashion design.  She was asking her to design a wedding gown!   I go see what the fuss is all about.  Well, this girl has brought in a stack of over 10 wedding gown pictures as inspiration pieces for the design.  As we sit down and talk, she told me that she got in a fight with her mom over the ceremony site (spanish monastery too expensive), showed me the invitations she picked out (and budgeted for), and showed me the Publix wedding cake she picked out from their website. OH, and she listed her budget per item like dress, flowers, cake, food, ceremony site, etc etc.

Cute, right?  So why is this weird and why is it kinda annoying????

SHE ISN'T EVEN ENGAGED AND SHE HAS MORE PLANNED FOR HER ANTI-WEDDING THAN I DO FOR MY WEDDING IN 2 MONTHS!  She lives with her boyfriend (relationship time <1yr) who only mentioned he would propose by the end of the year because someone asked him, in front of her, when they were getting engaged at a party.  

Am I wrong to think there is something waaaay off?  I think there is one thing to dream about your big day when you have a special man in your life and think about the way you would want your wedding to that wonderful man to be, but I think asking someone to design a wedding gown (with 10 inspiration pictures for reference) WITHOUT EVEN BEING ENGAGED is waaay outside of the ballpark. 

Re: Weird and a bit annoyed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh wow! Girlfriend sounds seriously delusional.

Someones in for a possibly very rude awakening.

Yikes!
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    um coo coo!!! I know this one girl (amy you know who) and her and her boyfriend have been dating <1 yr and she already has her wedding date picked out and they arent even engaged.  That is the weirdest thing i ever heard.  I didnt think about wedding stuff till probably 6 months before amy's wedding and then once I got engaged.  I never understood woman who have their wedding planned before they are engaged.  Or the girls that go to bridal shops right before vday trying dresses on bc they thing the bf is going to propose on vday....never quite understood lol

Sorry your co-worker is a little off...LOL
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She's crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she needs a reality check!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WHOA! I would be totally annoyed!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha ....she's taking crazy pills.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    caleb0318caleb0318 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ummm, crazy! I have a friend who actually has a wedding binder...but has NEVER been engaged and does not have a long term relationship. Some people are soo off! lol
  • Options
    michy22michy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

ok honestly I envisioned my wedding day from when I was a little girl but NEVER to the extreme of having sample pictures and notes, ect... I have heard of single girls who buy wedding dresses...

Michelle & Julio
    ...4-24-10...
    Bio
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope, not wrong in thinking there's something weird with her.It sounds like she has a big void in her life she's trying to fulfill with wedding planning, and as much as she can try to hide it (with her anti-wedding attitudes), she WANTS a wedding because she thinks that's going to be the one thing to feel her void.

Some people ... seriously.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards